RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2006 MAAC NATS
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2006 MAAC NATS

ORIGINAL: Jabba

NO Kenair it's just the BOARD being *****es!!

how can it be a hard sell with NO MAAC $$$

I was at the 2005 NATS and it was a week long event..(not all one SIG) but we are not the same size as the US.

That would be like thinking you could run a FULL NATS.... BUT then you would have to do something and just not criticize others.

......this is the junk that get's my back up. Again, according to Jabba, it's the Board fault that things are not going smoothly. Well, Jabbayadayada, your mentor is now on the board so why not let him do his job.

There is a definate projection of "entitlement" to this group's initiatives and it's way past old. If the board doesn't jump on que, they're being *****es and the smearing begins. You know what, despite the fact that the 05 event appears to have been successful, doesn't guarantee 06 will go as well. Maybe volunteers are an issue, maybe venues are an issue, maybe weather is an issue, maybe participants are an issue, maybe a flying event it not at the top of the to-do list, maybe, maybe, maybe.

The board's job is not to commit to the past, it's obligated to assess each proposal individually and I'll bet the "bulletproof" proposal is the usual email or a couple of pages that essentially says............"trust us"............it worked before, it should work again and cut us a check for a few thousand to get things started......... no budget, no real business case. That's what it was last year. It apparently worked, but it's not the way to properly run anything of that magnitude. Murphy is always lurking.

As far as I am concerned, if there isn't a full AND COMPLETE business case in place at this point, they should be told to look at 07 or it will be just another regional event.