RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2006 MAAC NATS
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2006 MAAC NATS

.......Is this why You think the board are bad people Palmer? Somebody exposing the facts instead of bending to the bashing?

On another topic, Keith and and Mike are right on regarding the larger picture of the Nats. My initial submission hit at the right spot and information is beginning to filter out. $7,800.00 of participation revenues plus $2,500.00 advanced by MAAC TOTALS well over $10,000.00 in gross revenues; thus, this is an amount that is closer to the $12,000.00 advanced by rumors. Add to this amount other revenues generated by various other sales, this could well surpass the posted amounts.

No one was suspecting misuse of misappropriation of funds. But persistant attempts to receive the final reports have not been heeded to.
What are we to think about this situation? What is a good business ethic to do in this situation?

It is well possible that the left over funds could have been considered dedicated funds reserved for future Nats. But I ca assure you that it was never intended to be held under the control of adhoc committees without MAAC knowledge. This would never have been authorized by the Board.

Mr. Palmer, it appears that you are close to those who are sitting on the final reports. Since you are speaking out on their behalf and, I would like to believe that you are interested at getting to the truth, could you find out for all of us the real reasons why the report is tarding and when we (the whole MAAC membership) can expect to receive it. Transparency would certainly dispell many thoughts about wild rumors.

Jean
I applaud the board for standing up for a standard of accountability and nobody should expect anything less.

....I posted this on RCCan and I'll do it again here:
-------
EVERY major controversy within this association since I began flying a dozen or so years back has circled around a few stupid flying events and a core group determined to get their way at all costs.

Maybe it's time for MAAC board to remove itself completely, both financially and organizationally from individual events. Provide the insurance and do the minimun to allow members to fly internationally and let the various diciplines look after themselves. I doubt there are very many out there who have, or intend, to fly in an event that needs MAAC board babysitting.

Marc Sharpe