RCU Forums - View Single Post - IMAA District III Mini Fest -- September 9-11 -- Napoleon, OH
Old 11-30-2005, 06:41 PM
sealh4
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IMAA District III Mini Fest -- September 9-11 -- Napoleon, OH

IMAA District 3 Mini-fest in Napoleon Ohio sponsored by Thistledown Flyers. The Thistledown Flyers is Corky Heitman's home club. This group knows how to put on a great show, as well as Corky knows how to pick a great wine! Let’s start with no landing fee, no camping fees, and a free air show for all 3 days by Matt Chapman. There was even flying at night under stadium lighting. It is like nothing you have ever seen before a premier event. Next year it will not be the Dist 3 Mini-fest, but it will be a great event with rides on a B-25 "Panchito", and everything free to the pilots including a saturday night chicken Bar-B-que free.

At the District 3 Mini-fest the Thistledown group and I started a perpetual trophy named the Miles Reed Life Achievement Award. The first recipient was Miles Reed. I believe Miles has represented the IMAA as few have over his years as a member. For anyone that knows Miles Reed I hope you can understand the stature and importance of this award.

Sincerely
Tom Hayden
LM 069
IMAA President