RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Twist 3D
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:46 AM
RCDOC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D

WOW This is the best sight I have ever seen on any one Airplane . I also have joined the multitudes and put a twist up in my little shop of planes and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW. SOOOO much fun. The first time I switched from my Hangar 9 P51 to the Twist and forgot to put the rates on low....what a surprise...Pulled back to lift off and that is certainly what it did...STRAIGHT UP as straight as an arrow WITH ATTITUDE.

PS. LOVE THE SAITO .82

engine died at 150 ft and I deadsticked it to the runway with noproblems.

(my fault still working on how to get the Saitos to run right)

I have flown mostly 2 strokes and the whole 4 stroke thing is very new to me. I set the engine to where the manual says is rich and the eng wants to spudder at full throttle. If I try to lean it out it seams to get worse. I tried richening it and that was know better. I am going to try the prop recommended by RCU Magazine.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=408

and try it again when it warms up or maybe in the garage (-20 celcius in alberta today Brrrrr. )

Love any wisdom on saito 4 stroke tuning KEEP ON FLYING.

PPS. If you are looking at the Twist For your next plane after your trainer I would deffinately Recommend the twist and the .82 saito however I would also recomend and this is just me ( an advanced beginner flyer ) that you even lower the lowest rates just a little bit lower than what is recomended in the flight manual. I had no problem with my fisrt flight but it was a little on the touchy side I thought.
for a beginner anyway... just my thoughts though have fun no matter what you decide.