RCU Forums - View Single Post - Using Vinyl Electrical Tape to Waterproof?
Old 12-02-2005, 06:32 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Vinyl Electrical Tape to Waterproof?

I was at lowes picking up some rakes and a leafblower for my dad for Christmas and so I can start raking leaves to pocket some extra change and so my dad doesnt have to both untangling 100 billion wires just to use his leafblower that just messed up anyway and while checking out, I saw some of this "Commerical Grade Vinyl Electrical Tape" and it says here that its "Flame Retardant" and "Weather Resistant" so Im wondering if weather resistant means waterproof too. I was thinking about trying to wrap my reciever with the stuff and my servo too and if that would keep them waterproof. Im thinking that it isnt going to work because it says weather resistant instead of weatherproof/waterproof but if it can work, thats an easy and super cheap way to run my rusty in the snow. So does anybody know if this would work? I would just try it for myself but Im not sure how to test it and I only got 2 rolls of it and I only have 1 esc besides my novak one and I sure as heck aint gonna try it on the novak. And that other esc (stock traxxas one) I plan on using it as long as I can until I can get a waterproof one but then Im goign to feel really stupid if I go and buy a waterproof esc and then find out all I had to do was just wrap my stock esc with this tape and it would have been waterproof.