RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4*120 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:29 AM
C_Heath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4*120 Build Thread

I pounded it out tonight, to be honest, I got the burnouts bad over the course of the last 2 days. Tonight I wanted to work on the fun stuff of the plane, THE MODS!

I headed downstairs with the looks in my head of RC universe members Damifino and Mr70ss' modifications, A psychedelic racer-pylon looking plane. To me, the four star in its factory stages looks like an vintage cessna for some reason. From its 4x too large canopy to the straight cut, not to mention flat fuselage.

I didnt cut a rib off each wing as anticipated. Im putting a 25cc gasser on this plane and I wanted all 1200+ inches of wing to be there for it. I did however move the cockpit rearward to remove some of that vintage look and persuade an onlooker to be reminded of an Edge or something along that line, extra, etc.

I moved the cockpit a full 4.5 inches, trashed the stock headrest and used what WAS the 3rd former as the new headrest. I rolled the top deck which was flat as a Montana highway into a nice, freeflowing angle down to the firewall . This alone made the plane look great. I fabricated formers for the top deck and spaced them accordingly to accomodate the falling angle I was trying get.

I will however have to add some filler as one of my formers did not come off as tall as I needed to. It gave my angle a low spot in the center and if you look, youll see it. Noting a swipe of good ol puddy wont fix. I also rounded the Stab control services to help with modernizing it a bit more. Lastly ( for tonight) I hacked the crap out of the cropduster style canopy and have to admit, I may hack it a little more!

Im bushed, Heres a few pics of tonights work, notice my alpha trainer how the size compare to the biggun................
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10725.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	364511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38175.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	364512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90431.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	46.6 KB