RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airworld is now available in the US
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:12 AM
Potawatomi13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airworld is now available in the US

ORIGINAL: John Christensen

Hi Allan,

I don't know the story behing the R3, if plans excisted or not.

My response was to the "scum" remark. The prototype/manufacturing rights was purchased by Airworld from German company STO. So, therefore it would be highly unfair to say that Airworld stole the design. And, if this Italian guy designed the model, how come no model ever came out of Italy. Sounds fishy to me,

In any event, the plane is available and looks and flies awesome. And, if there are any copyright questions, it is a matter between the Italian guy and the company who sold it to Airworld. I will have the first R3 kits here in about 4 - 5 weeks. Will post an online build when we get one started.

Thanks
Actually John I would think that at the very least Airworld Germany[:'(]would be guilty of receiving/buying stolen goods/designs in buying from STO. As Mirco has never mentioned this STO I seriously wonder how much truth there is to their involvement in the first place. It looks to me like Airworld[:'(]is just trying to confuse the issue.

I've seen Mircos designs in real life and know that he is working with an American firm(from my own personal contact)to build a full scale R3 and I can't seriously believe anyone else designed it for a minute in light of these facts.
I hope he gets all profits from Airworld[:'(]and anyone else selling this design as well as a healthy settlement and you'd probably be wise not to touch it at all.
Bill Kohler