RCU Forums - View Single Post - seagull models
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 10:38 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: seagull models

Let me get my $.02 in. I agree with Cattop1000. I have just completed a Seagull Harrier and hope to maiden it soon. Bought the Harrier to repalce a GP UcanDo that I finally trashed. I wanted something a little different and have not seen any of these at our field. I have built several arf and other kits and found the Harrier to be the easiest I have ever assembled. Construction quality looks great and since it is covered in transparent Ultracoate, you can see most of the work. I did change out the hardware for CF rods and 4-40 clevises. There is a 28 page thread in the 3D forum on this plane and I don't beleive there are any negative comments. Some complaints about flight charecteristics, ie. KE and flat spin problems, but nothing about the quality. There is also a review of this plane on RCU. Just for grins I am going to check for any reviews for the Seagull F4U since that was the plane that started this thread.I am very pleased with mine. I have a well used OS91FS for power--would really like to upgrade to one of the new Saito 125's. Maybe Santa will bring.

Merry Christmas.

Greg