RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 scale Cub builders
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 08:36 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 scale Cub builders

I have been waiting since mid summer for Koverall. Was supposed to be here by mid December and now Sig says mid January. I think I will just use the Solartex to cover with. I did this on my Bristol (see avitar) and have used it in the past. It can be painted, decaled and then sealed. I just use hardware store polyurethane with a foam brush. Nice results. I am ordering the covering for the 1/4 scale Dr this afternoon (over the net).

Solartex also sells the correct blue for the Hazel sig clipped wing cub paint scheme. If the Dr turns out like I expect it will, then the cub will get this treatment as well.

My suggestion for power would be a 4 stroke and use the standard cub cowl. The G26 is a nice gasserbut no way it will fit in the kit cowl. I have this motor for my Dr1. Any way that is my vote, pleas keep us informed and post some build pictures if you would be so kind. Should be a great project, look forward to hearing more.

Another modler told me that all r/c planes have autopilots, they are set to search for negative altitude! Sooner or later they find it!

JEB
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74909.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	379001