RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

Not sure what type of merchandise you are speaking of. If it is general RC equipment I would say:

1. In expensive brushless motors. Balspr.com has a handful of BL motors in the $20 range. These perform well but could use another $2 worth of improvements to assure that the contacts do not beak etc.....

2. Speed controllers. These are routinely as expensive or more expensive then the motors they are controlling. It is all electronics so they could be coming in around the $20 mark as well. Need reliability though.

3. The final item is LiPo batteries. Dymond Model Sports sells some good entry level cells for a reasonable price. (About equal to NiMh of the same capacity.) Everyone agrees that LiPo prices are not in line with cost of production but set more for what the market will bear.

Right now it can easily cost over $100 to purchase a decent BL motor, Speed Control and 3s 2000 mh LiPo battery. Should be closer to $60.

If this is not what you were asking about then never mind. Otherwise send me a catalog.

Look at Balsapr.com. I go there a lot looking for gear.

Good Luck!