RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 01-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

Critterhunter,

You had asked why I had the 7x4 prop on my BP-21. Well I tried a 7x5 on it yesterday and absolutely hated it. It was noisy and did not feel good. Plane would go vertical until it was out of site but the flight performance was screwy. I went back to the 7x4 prop and man did it relax me. The plane is about as fast but runs much smoother and sounds like a full sized A-10 Warthog. I am sticking with the 7x4 prop from now on. I also got a little careless and crashed the SO What for the first time. It hit a tree branch with the leading edge of the main wing. No real damage there since it was re-enforced with packing tape. But the plane spun around and tore off a boom right at its connection with the main wing. Not a big deal until I set the glue gun on high heat and melted a huge hole in the middle of the boom repair. Cooled the glue gun down and finished the repairs. Looks good as new. I will put it back in the air today. The BP-21 seems to be running a little rough recently. How do the bearings go bad? Does it just get sloppier and vibrate more?