RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walkera 22E Lets Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 01:24 AM
jdh_nz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera 22E Lets Talk

ORIGINAL: jdreyes

Hi Guys, got my Dragonfly 22E, while trimming, taped the skid to the table and after applying around 50% trouttle while tracking the main blades the ball connector on the ball linkage set (upgrade-HM-22E-Z-38) broke down. Tried to fixed with superglue but still break after applying force. Tried also to use the standard flybar connector (HM-22E-Z-07) but the bird didn't respond to the control. Please help....
Did something similar. I glued the part back on, waited for that to dry, then drilled a 1mm hole down thru the centre of the ball and glued a metal dressmakers pin in through to further strengthen the connection. It's worked brilliantly so far.

Also, after a nose dive into the deck the connection to the blades nip broke. I found that rather than gluing the connector back on, simply using a threaded 2mm hobby bolt generated a far strionger connection. (I'll post a photo if anyone's interested)

One big problem I had recently was the main motor brushes wore out and shorted out the reciever blowing the 22mf surface mount caps off the board. Seems I'm alone in suffering this problem after reading some of the other threads, but taking off the 6v caps alongside the FETS) and replacing with 10v surface mounts (along with a new motor) has solved that one.

However, the 22e is a lot of fun to play with and worth investing time (and money) into to keep flying, even if the plastic connections have a habit of pating company.