RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Jammin X1CRT Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 10:37 PM
nitrosportdecals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

hey guys just ordered me an x1crt just wanted to get some helpful hints on the build and what kind of hop ups did you'll get other than the upgradeable engine mount and is the clutch any good or do we need an after market clutch thanks fellas
Hey Road, the clutch is great use it. As a matter of fact, the whole thing kicks ass right out of the box. As for upgrades, I.M.O. totally unnecessary, but you'll probably do them anyway. If and when you decide to upgrade, wait till you start to break things, make the decision then if parts get replaced with an upgrade. As for tips on the build, follow the instructions to the letter, don't skip any steps, don't over tighten anything and use the recommended setup/fluids that are included in the kit. DON'T FORGET THREADLOCK!! And don't use anything that is RED for threadlocker, it'll stay locked forever. I talked with the guys at Ofna about setup advice. They had one of the pro drivers right there who stated that the setup right out of the box is the best all around combination to start with, and the proof is in the pudding, I put it all together bone stock right out of the box, havent even dialed it in on a setup board and this thing hooks!! As with any new ride, allow some run time before you decide if your going to make any changes to the fluids or setup. I found that after about a gallon of fuel, everything broke in and settled nicely, the thing is smooth and steady on our bumpy ass track. I'm not changing SH*T!! Good luck man, let us know how it goes.........