RCU Forums - View Single Post - Old Radio Frequencies
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2002, 03:50 PM
avinut
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Radio Frequencies

Yeah I guess you would have to say these are collector pieces. This old stuff is really neat electronics. I have three Orbit radio setups from a deceased flyer that I want to do something with, like maybe sell them to an interested party, but I want to make sure it all works and is not a rip off if I sell it.
Two of them are single stick with the rotating rudder control on top and the third one is just a single stick. Rudder & elevator I guess?
I have removed the old batteries to prevent corrosion and had the units ready to bench test when I ran across the frequency question.
I still can't read that receiver crystal to be anything else. Maybe that second "three" is an 8? The things are soldered into the circuit board smack up against other components and practically impossible to read.
One of these transmitters has been "modified" to have an internal charge ckt. working off 115VAC!--Paper shows it came this way.
I have never been able to find a way to obtain technical info on any kind of radio and it hacks me off! There should be some kind of archive for this kind of stuff.
Anyhow thanks to you guys for the help. Being able to tie down one freq. should get me on the way.