RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio requirement
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 08:25 PM
tippy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio requirement

ORIGINAL: barracudahockey ... A governor is nice when you get into more advanced flying. There's some things a heli can do today that you simply can't say "set pitch and throttle curves" for and yet maintain a constant head speed. Don't get me wrong, guys have been flying without them for years, including me, but I got one with a used helo and one day at the field and I was on the phone with Ricks on my way back ordering one for each of my other helis.
I agree. When your heli piloting skills and flying style gets to an advanced level, you'll know for sure your power and pitch curves are simply not sufficient. At that point, you either fly with these limitations (yuk) or you get the govenor and advance your skills and flying style to the next level(s).

My flying skill and style is not high energy or challenging (someday maybe) so I have simply no need for a governor because my heli and settings can outperform my skill level even without a governor.

I do understand the limitations of the TX controlling the RPM as opposed something on the heli controlling the RPM. My flying style has not reached those limitations (yet).

I am not an anti-governor advocate. I will simply tell you my style of flying governorless and barracudahockey will tell you how he flys with a governor and then it's up to you (or whoever) to make your own decision.

Good Luck
d.tipton