RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAO: CEN RACING. Centre diff for FunFactor?
Old 01-26-2006, 03:00 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FAO: CEN RACING. Centre diff for FunFactor?

right, i finally tried it out. it goes forwards, not backwards, which is a good start, and it does it pretty quick too! the front wheels are spinning on the way out of the turns and under hard acceleration, so i will have to seal & fill the centre diff if im going to keep this setup, may as well do the front and rear too i guess, see how it goes... other than that, it handles pretty well, could do with stiffer springs n oil for road use, but i wanted it for roughish gravel too, so its a compromise. top speed... dunno... its an 18t on a 47t spur and the os 18 cvr-x, but it seems to be a little bit over 30mph, going by the passing traffic.

one biggish problem tho - the diff catches the fly wheel whenever it gets the chance, and cuts the engine... doh, thought it might. its due to the chassis flex and less than 1mm of clearance - easy cured tho.

quite pleased it held together for a couple of tanks! ill sort the flywheel at work next week, and work from there... just gotta get the jt chassis fitted with a centre diff now to control that stupid engine that some idiot fitted... spam and more to follow no doubt

oh and many thanks to whichever one of the genesis owners who gave me the idea of a torque multiplier for the brakes (it also means i get a tidy linkage!) the brakes on this are, shal we say, very excessively harsh..? lol - i will look at that too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49235.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	395831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49938.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	395832