RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maxair Revolution II Velox
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Basement Troll
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxair Revolution II Velox

Well I did get some things done this weekend on the Rev II. I put the wings on to see how they looked and they looked perfect to me. I don't have an incidence meter so I just assume everything is perfect. (How niave is that?) I then started on the H-stabs. I put the tubes in and tried the fit and it was a bit off. I took a small, round file and opended up the ends where the wood is and then it fit acceptably. It only took a bit of filing in each hole. I glued with 30 minute epoxy as per the instructions. The allignment with the wings was perfect. I then started on the pull/pull setup for the rudder. I have never done a pull/pull setup before so this was my first crack at it. I had one small problem. The brass tubes for criming were too small to get the provided wire through twice. I had some other tubes around so I used them. I had it installed and lined up and took pictures and then decided the wires weren't tight enough. I ended up trying to tighten them and pulled one of the wires out of the crimped tube so now I'm starting over. This is my fault not the planes though. I realize I should have started at the servo end first and done the rudder end second which is how it will re-do it. The elevator servos were not an issue. I did make sure I ran the wires in the top part of the fuse formers so they don't get tangled in the pull/pull system. One thing to watch, on the left elevator, if you put too much up throw the push rod binds on the bottom of the H-stab and bends the push rod. I had to reduce the throws a bit so it didn't touch. I also found some nuts that fit the threaded part of the pushrods to use as lock nuts. I thought the clevis' were a bit sloppy without them. So far ther have been a couple of small hiccups but nothing serious. With a bit of luck I might get it done this week. Maybe a flight on the weekend! Here are the pics.
Don
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64765.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	398427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25873.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	398428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95072.jpg
Views:	25