RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Jammin X1CRT Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 01:01 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Can I ask where you got your Aluminum Rear Hubs at? I broke mine at the track friday when I slid the rear into the wall at the track [] (well, the right one I broke)
ORIGINAL: crazysavage

ORIGINAL: KY Mayhem

Hi all! Just ordered my CRT and cant wait. I used to have a couple of Mayhems but wanted something that handled a bit better. I bought the pro kit and a Picco .27 engine. I was wondering if there were any upgrades I need to go ahead and purchase or if there was anything I need to look out for. What do you think of Picco engines? Ill be running with a Spektrum and JR servos (9000t & 590)
The first thing you should think about is boiling the wing stays, rear hub carriers and front hub carriers. These parts have failed on a small amount of CRTs. Some people have broken the carbon fiber steering plate and they either double them up or get the aluminum one from the ready to tun crt or get one from BCE, like I did. I havnt broken anything on my truck but I do keep a set of alloy rear hub carriers made for the kyosho 777 in case I break mine. The engine you chose has more than enough power but I do see people struggle alittle with the tuning on that engine that is why I run all RB Concept engines and tuning is not an issue. Dont use the stock white proline foam when you glue up the tires, get the trinity two stage foams. The stock foam breaks down fast. Your servos sound good. A good starting point for your diffs is 5000 to 7000 in the front, 50%10000 and 50% 30000 for the center....this comes out to be about 17250wt. And 2000 to 3000 in the rear. Try 45 wt losi shock oil all the way around for a good starting point on your shocks. Good luck on your build and try out truggyracers.com for some good jammin information. These are good starting point I'm suggesting, i'm sure people will tell you other set ups so take it as a starting point for a smooth driving style on a med traction track.