RCU Forums - View Single Post - The World models Extra 330L 60 Size
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 03:35 AM
sal2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The World models Extra 330L 60 Size

Okay,

Maiden flight today....What more can I say. This plane is unbelievable. I did a few curcuits and then started going wild after I knew it was flying well, after trimming ETC.
I pulled the quickest snaprolls on low rates, I did Spins, stall turns, inverted flight, loops Knife Edges... AL shalloms LOL or whatever you call them....was absolutely nuts. Lands like a dream if you slow down early enough.. Make sure you put about 15% positive expo on elevator and ailerons, because it snapped on me twice. I would say this is due to the huge control surfaces. Expo will fix this issue. Only complaint is I had the plane sitting in the pitts and the plastic melted inside the canopy where the pilot sits. I have emailed world models and have demanded a new one of these. It was in the pitts for like half an hour....So make sure you keep the plane in the shade.The OS 91FX IS FINE FOE THIS PLANE, BUT USE A 13X6 OR 13X7 PROP.
I haven't mounted dual servos, but might eventually, I just used epoxy in the connection centre of the elevator pushrod. That won't be moving anywhere
I used the standard muffler and had to cut out only a little from the bottom of the cowl.
All in all this plane is brilliant. You don't need digital servos....LOL I am using Hitec 425BB which is more than adequate for this plane. Fuel on the standard 350cc tank full throttle all the way lasts no more than 9 minutes. So a bigger one would be better.
Have fun with this plane boys.... 9.5/10