RCU Forums - View Single Post - bobcat construction Q
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2002, 02:02 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BobCat Duro Strut length

Nikita,
I have a BobCat XL with the mild landing gear upgrade. When I opened the landing gear package, I found that the nose strut had been cut .400 shorter by BVM. The XL uses the Bandit strut, which is 5.95 overall, at full extension.
Measure the overall length of the strut. It should be 5.550 from the top of the tube to the axle center. If it is full length (5.95), cut off .400. When setting the ground angle, the wing should be posative .375 inches. See the fuselage plan for that information.
I have 18 flights on mine, and haven't bounced a landing yet! Now that I've said that, I'm sure to bounce lots of them.
I have been setting my timer for eight minutes, start the timer at light-off, and get in the pattern after the eight minutes counts down. The header is usually more than half full. IT's even better with less fuel in the header. Don't let the UAT run dry!!!! I've been flying it at or around one-half throttle, (RAM 750 PLUS) so its been economical, and loads of fun. It will slow down to a crawl on final.
The knee is the right way..the scissors are on the aft side of the Duro Strut.......
Happy BobCatting!

Harley Condra
BVM REP
RAM REP
BUY AMERICAN!!!