RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen Ct4s owners please
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 02:05 AM
larkup25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Ct4s owners please

Hi all, got a 2nd hand ct4s for pretty cheap and in good cond. didn't have carby settings so took me I while to get it tuned to the point where I could drive it, was still sluggish of the mark but top speed was ok, problem was I was getting interference or something and the car would lose contact and go crazy, crazy into the wall BAM BREAK there goes the front left bulkhead[:'(]. Dammit! After inspection the bulkhead did not have all the screws and was probably pretty weak, my own fault should have inspected the car b4 running. Tried new transmitter same prob figured it was the reciever but decided to get a decent radio JR XS3 synthesised. Works like a treat. now back 2 tuning, messed around with the lsn, quite a lot better now not so sluggish of the mark but not perfect. Ran 3 tanks without stopping drove as hard as I could trying to strip a belt or gear as I have read people having a lot of problems with their belts but was unsuccessful COOL! I even ran it so hard that I think it over heated and white smoke started coming out of the exhaust ***. don't have a temp gauge did the old spit test seemed ok but let it cool for 5, primed it, pulled it and away it went, put another 2 tanks through it and no prob. not sure what speeds I was doing am going to test it sometime and will post it. Going to do some more tuning and will post when have some more results. Overall drove it hard no breakages, got it goin pretty quick = good day out for the rc's.