RCU Forums - View Single Post - BatPlane construction saga
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Miken96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BatPlane construction saga

All,
I have seen and read several posts asking about the "BatPlane" made by GT Generix. I was able to acquire one, and will post the progress. I also have the plans and instructions (I made copies) if you are interested. I will not go into pricing, but suffice it to say, I cannot become rich. It costs almost $10.00 just to copy the plans AND instructions. As of today (20 February 2006) I am about 50% done. I have modified several areas and will more than likely deviate from the instructions several more times.
To start off, I am using a different servo setup than called for. I built servo trays in the back of the wing and I am using the Hitec HS-125MG to run each elevon. This will give me more precice control and the ability to FULLY use the elevon features. Internal, I am using a standard 600MA battery, but I elected to use a micro receiver with 6 channels. I am also using 3ea Hitec HS-81 servos for Nose wheel steering, Throttle, and the rudders. Yes, I modified the tail feathers to include rudders. I do not like to fly aircraft without a rudder, and EPICALLY the Batplane!!! My experience with the Balsa USA Enforcer and Delta Vortex taught me to like rudders. I will post more pictures as I get them. I plan on lots more detail and some very unique landing gear combo's..... I am using a OS 46AX with a tuned pipe for power, so I shouldn't be lacking in that department....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53611.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	412470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15359.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	412471