RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hanger 9 p-51 mustang **Trainer?!?**
Old 02-22-2006, 08:06 PM
WiredMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hanger 9 p-51 mustang **Trainer?!?**

Got to spend some more time modding tonight. Did some more fuel proofing and "beefed up" the servo's in the wing. Thought you guys would get a kick out of the pics I am going to post.
I started out drilling the holes with a little hobby drill, the kind you twist by hand. Well after about 45 seconds I said screw this and went and got my cordless. Now I wouldnt recomend this method to anyone, but I have been a toolmaker for 18 years and I have a fairly steady hand. So I chucked the bit up the exact length I needed and after verifying the servos screw wouldnt be in the way. I gave her hell!!!
I put some #4x 1/2 screws in the balsa holding the servo in place and then ran some more CA around the blocks. I dont think its going anywhere.

On a side note. I cannot tell you guys how much fun I have had building this plane. Keep in mind this is my very first model. I have never even cut a piece of balsa in my life. And I had fun even doing that when I was beefing up my fuselage.
There is so much to learn and I love it. (like the fact that CA glue dries really really really fast and epoxy takes forever

Well I will quit babbling for now and show the pics, sorry for the quality on the second one. The wife is the photographer in the family and I should have let her take it.

Finished product

P.S. Yes I vacumed up all the wood dust when finished