RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club requirement for insurance
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 09:39 AM
jhelps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club requirement for insurance

ORIGINAL: DSLarkin

Dave

Not certain if you are currently in a committee or zone position that carries some official capacity to release info of this nature, if so my apologies, however this is one of the reasons that there is mistrust with MAAC, people releasing information which more properly should come from the executive. If what you are saying is true, then I would think it would be up to the executive of MAAC to send a message to ALL members who were/are intending to attend the CAC that they DO NOT have MAAC insurance coverage. Further I am surprised that the insurance chairman would release the info to you to release to the world. Again we have a BOD for this type of thing!

Now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak, I think an official announcement from the exec on insurance coverage for the CAC should be forth-coming quickly, prior to others registering.

Very disappointing.

JH

PS after an e-mail from Dave I am convinced he had the best of intentions in mind. Consequently I have edited this post to remove the original quote.

As a further note there is NOW the following post at the MAAC site.

Date last modified : March 1, 2006
Created by : Carl Layden -- 44045
Subject : Notice to MAAC Members
News: Our legal council has advised us that we must notify you of a notice we received from our insurance broker.

MAAC (or AMA) members participating in the event(s) organized by Canadian Aeromodellers Club (CAC) will NOT be covered by the MAAC’s liability policy provided by Lloyd’s. The MAAC BOD in November defeated the motion to accept CAC as a chartered club of MAAC. The intent of the policy provided to MAAC is to provide liability coverage to the members of MAAC when engaged in modeling activities encouraged and endorsed by the association from grass roots activities in farmer’s fields to sanctioned world championship events. Since CAC was not accepted into MAAC the events organized by this group are not supported by the association and therefore are not subject to the benefits of the MAAC liability policy.

Respectfully,
Carl Layden
President
Model Aeronautics Association of Canada