RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club requirement for insurance
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 AM
sivlE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club requirement for insurance

ORIGINAL: jhelps

ORIGINAL: DSLarkin

I need to correct my last post. I have just heard from MAAC's insurance chairman. As MAAC has specifically excluded CAC, the agent says that MAAC insurance coverage will not be available for flyers at the CAC event. This is an entirely new situation that we haven't had before.

Presmably this means that CAC will need to investigate obtaining insurance that the flyers can buy for the duration of the event.

Dave

Not certain if you are currently in a committee or zone position that carries some official capacity to release info of this nature, if so my apologies, however this is one of the reasons that there is mistrust with MAAC, people releasing information which more properly should come from the executive. If what you are saying is true, then I would think it would be up to the executive of MAAC to send a message to ALL members who were/are intending to attend the CAC that they DO NOT have MAAC insurance coverage. Further I am surprised that the insurance chairman would release the info to you to release to the world. Again we have a BOD for this type of thing!

Now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak, I think an official announcement from the exec on insurance coverage for the CAC should be forth-coming quickly, prior to others registering.

Very disappointing.

JH
Dave did not let the cat out of the bag, there is a post on the MAAC web site dealing with issue from the president.