Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

good plane for 11.1 2200s

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

good plane for 11.1 2200s

Old 01-14-2011, 03:11 PM
mazjag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good plane for 11.1 2200s

Guys, who makes good 3D plane for 11.1 2200 ma packs and a Park 480? I wanted a 3D Hobby shop Edge, but they are on backorder.. I already have and love the PA Addiction. I have extra hardware am looking to put something together..any thoughts on an E-flite mini Funtana X? I hate to buy an Eflite because I think they are overpriced, but you know what your getting...The wing for a E-flite 480 Sukhoi is 92.00....you can get a whole PA Addiction for 150.00...what the hell??? Jason
Old 01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: good plane for 11.1 2200s

Just get the addiction, really can't do better than that.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:53 PM
mazjag

Man, I agree...I have one. I just need to put something together as a backup...I`m still at that point. I have almost thought about just getting another in a different color and swapping wing halves ( green-blue) to help me see it...The Addiction makes a lot of other planes look like trash...J
Old 01-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Beachcomber

Have you considered a Depron foamy? That motor and battery is the recommended size for the 48" Yak at DW Foamies. Depron is a lot stiffer than EPP, so it flies more like balsa only much lighter. No I'm not associated with them, just a happy customer.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:16 PM
mazjag

I actually just built my first one and flew it today. I have Airfoilz edge 540 NX..While the foam route may work great for some people its not for me. While it flew ok and was cheap..I feel like the foam planes actually take 2 times as long to put together. Our head instructor flew it today and said while it flew ok, I maybe kinda expecting it to fly like the Addiction..I have looked at the DWs...thx...Jason
Old 01-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Beachcomber

Having flown a 38" Yak from DW Foamies for a few months, and starting to feel comfortable with it, I'm curious about the Addiction. How does it fly compared to the foamy you tried? What are the differences in flight? On my sim it has a tendancy for wing rock at slow speeds, but that might just be my sim.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 AM
mazjag

I have an Airfolz 540 foamie . The difference is a pretty good bit as one could imagine. The addiction just is way more precise in any movements and floats much better. If you can fly that DW ok you`ll be shocked at how easy the Addiction is..it makes a person look better than they are..I`m not that good at all..Its way easier to hover than the 540 as well. The only bad part of an Addiction is its fragile..Not in flight as you can wring it out... Transport...you can`t go banging the thing around in the car or pick it up in middle of the fuselage. It lands real slow and has stiff landing gear as well. Addiction X is about 20-25% bigger and just as slick.If I don`t find something I like soon I`m buying another and setting up differently..Jason