Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Extra 300 fine tuning

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Parkzone Extra 300 fine tuning

Old 01-16-2011, 09:13 AM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Extra 300 fine tuning

Got a crazy question. I know what reflex is (ailerons up somewhat in netrual) and don't know what the opposite is called but wondered if I did that would it calm down this thing. I've tried up to 40% expo and it seemed to calm it down some but and maybe it just has too much throw in them. I've read and looked and seems like the paint on the wings shrunk and created somewhat of reverse airfoils so that when a wing starts to drop it really goes down and makes for some really unstable flight. It's a new plane and before I sell it or crash it was wondering if that would help. Plus I'm not a wild wring it out type flyer anyway. I won the plane and probably would have chosen a different model if up to me but it wasn't. And by putting the ailerons down somewhat was wondering if that would create more of a correct airfoil? Thanks for any input.

Jim
Old 01-16-2011, 04:55 PM
mazjag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Extra 300 fine tuning

Cub, there must be like 8000 articles on the internet about that plane and the problem you are having. Parkzone says its fine and if you go on to the Horizon website and look at that plane you`ll see a product bulletin that shows a CG change. Some guys even flip the wings upside down... I had one 6 flights and shipped that thing out on EBAY..Some guys may tell you different, but IMO a big POS.....lands like a brick, crappy landing gear, tip stall, crappy wheel pants..we only have one guy as far as I know that has one at our club. There is much better flying planes out there so if you think you are gonna crash it ....ship it..but hey some may say different....Jason