Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

EFLITE POWER 52 MOTOR

Old 05-19-2012, 07:54 PM
ozzy9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFLITE POWER 52 MOTOR

I have a Hanger 9 Katana 50 powered by a power 52 motor , Eflite 80 amp pro esc, 5 cell 18.5 volt lipo and 14x7 prop.
It flys really good with lots of power but if i try to hover after about 8 to 10 seconds the motor makes a screaching noise then cuts out .The first time this happend i was high enough to glide it in and land the second time i throttled down for a couple of seconds then throttled back up and motor was fine . This has now happend 3 times . Does anyone know what is going on ? Any replies will be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:41 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EFLITE POWER 52 MOTOR

ORIGINAL: ozzy9

I have a Hanger 9 Katana 50 powered by a power 52 motor , Eflite 80 amp pro esc, 5 cell 18.5 volt lipo and 14x7 prop.
It flys really good with lots of power but if i try to hover after about 8 to 10 seconds the motor makes a screaching noise then cuts out .The first time this happend i was high enough to glide it in and land the second time i throttled down for a couple of seconds then throttled back up and motor was fine . This has now happend 3 times . Does anyone know what is going on ? Any replies will be greatly appreciated!
ozzy9,

Try changing the timing.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:06 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: EFLITE POWER 52 MOTOR

Are the motor and speed control getting enough air flow to cool properly?
I would also think that a static run up to full power would more or less duplicate the problem.