Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

3DHOBBYSHOP 42" Slick Landing Gear Alternative

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

3DHOBBYSHOP 42" Slick Landing Gear Alternative

Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Groundskeeper3404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3DHOBBYSHOP 42" Slick Landing Gear Alternative

I Broke the carbon fiber gear on my 42" Slick when I stalled out of a harrier landing. 3DHobbyshop had a backorder on the replacement. So i ordered a set of Custom made aluminum gear from ABELL HOBBY for the same price. These are strong, quality gear made to your specs. The surface is blasted so it could be painted.
The original Carbon Fiber gear weighs 20 grams and these aluminum are 30 grams. I bought a set with straight legs and a set with rounded legs, like an extra 300. So far, these gear have been more forgiving of a not so gentle landing. Either way my plane is in the air and not on the bench waiting for an out-of-stock item.
3DHOBBYSHOP has high quality products and I might buy the original gear when they get them in, but if you need a special landing gear made for you, Try ABELL HOBBY custom made gear.