Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Parkzone Visionaire

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM
SPADinfluence
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Visionaire

Are there no threads on this plane? I just put mine together and am going to fly it this weekend. Looking for input from other owners?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Mysterious

Default RE: Parkzone Visionaire

I'm saying that to you
Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 PM
SPADinfluence

The LHS guys wanted to bind it in the store and prop struck the battery a few dozen times when he powered it up, as the battery was hanging out of the thing when they bound it to the DX6i I bought for it. I have two Tournigy lipos for it I bought last week, knowing I was gonna buy the plane, but the connectors are different. The weather here is sucky all weekend, so Monday morning I will hit up the LHS for a replacement for the original batt and an adapter for the chinesium batts. I'll prolly fly it Tuesday or Wednesday..Most likely Tues...If I can I'll get someone to video it.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SPADinfluence

The LHS guys wanted to bind it in the store and prop struck the battery a few dozen times when he powered it up, as the battery was hanging out of the thing when they bound it to the DX6i I bought for it. I have two Tournigy lipos for it I bought last week, knowing I was gonna buy the plane, but the connectors are different. The weather here is sucky all weekend, so Monday morning I will hit up the LHS for a replacement for the original batt and an adapter for the chinesium batts. I'll prolly fly it Tuesday or Wednesday..Most likely Tues...If I can I'll get someone to video it.
We flew ours and so did other very good Pattern and 3D fliers
In the Sport mode - very very easy to fly yet very maneuverable including inverted flat spins
accurate knife edge - avalanche (snap on loop) all easily done with no interferrrence from the AS3X-
just nice smooth flying which holds heading
Uncanny!
In th e 3D mode (flip the retract switch) the throws increase for tumblebug flying
Set up using instructions and get elevator trim pretty close - that's it
We used 2200ma 30 C batts -and also used a APC 12x6 prop-on a EFlite std prop adapter .
This is the BEST ARF I have ever flown - that spans many years of aerobatic ARFS
not the lightest or prettiest but the BEST flying.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 AM
John_C

I've been flying for years and this is hands down the best ARF I've ever had! It is so stable and literally goes where you point it with very little correction needed. I passed the radio around without and concern at the field. The setup was quick and easy on DX8 and I was so impressed I picked up an AR635 for a little Ultra Stick I have. The AR635 was a pain on the initial setup but this AS3X really works! My Ultra Stick never flew so good!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 AM
phillipmorris

It does have this locked in positions during flight, slightest Harrier on landings as still new to 3D. So windy lately yet to practice, do have a short clip, lousy pilot, but super plane, it's a honey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc4La...e_gdata_player
Old 04-27-2013, 07:58 PM
xanadu_vector
My Feedback: (5)

I have about 10 flights on mine. The AS3X makes it feel like a large $1000 airplane instead of a foamy.

http://youtu.be/yudnAJaQPns
Old 05-14-2013, 02:20 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

yes i agree it feels like a bigger plane. they are well worth the 300.00 price tag IMHO. i have had four flights so far and a harrier land on every one. nice 3-d stuff to like ten inside loops in a row, also flat spins from 300 ft and host of other things. very respondsive to controls even not in 3-d mode. get battries that can take an 8-c charge or so not like the one that comes with it and a li-po charger that can charge that rate of 10-15 amps. the battries don't last long, but we were flying in a 15 mph +wind to sooooooo. i would expect 5-6 minutes max from the 2200 mah 3-s. 30-c. what a fun plane, easy to set up. have fun..............
Old 07-24-2013, 01:53 PM
TEBerg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just flew my VisionAire today... I'm VERY HAPPY with this plane!!!

I was flying and landing for 10 minutes on the first battery and it just got to the point of being medium-warm. I'll check how much was left in it tonight, but the ESC did not signal (pulse) that I was at the cutoff yet.

It does need about 1/4 to 1/3 throttle to keep her in the air because there is a lot of drag on the plane, but that was not a problem.

I'm going to balance the prop as suggested and then maybe even try a 12/6 APC prop for later.

This was a great day in the park/baseball field.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:34 PM
BluMiniMe

I gotta throw my 2 cents as well. 30 years of flying and the Visionaire is without a doubt the best flying ARF I've ever flown. No need to tweek anything, no upgrades needed, no changes at all. Best of all, no time to dial it in for my personal preferences. With every other ARF I've owned, I had to tweek and tweek, upgrade linkages, servos, motors, investing perhaps double the original cost to achieve a bird that meets my preferences and sometimes never getting there. The 12x4 included prop is great but I prefer a 13x4 if I have one available. I like slow, tumble, spin flying over drawing shapes in the sky. :-)

I was so impressed I went out and bought a CarbonZ Yak 54. Another of QQ's designs. In fact, when his 60 size Beast is released, I'll have one of those too.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:11 AM
SPADinfluence

I have flown my VA until I wore out the servos in it! I LOVE mine! Tumbles and inverted flat spins like crazy!! Hovers on a dime, and gives you change back! I just switched to metal gear 13g servos and am ready to re-maiden it but it's raining today......
Old 11-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Flypaper 2

Had the elev. servo crap out on mine about 6 months ago and replaced it with an HXT900 and it's been working great since then.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 AM
piroflip2

Just in case anybody is still interested in buying this model beware all the hype.
It flies ok, but is not the 3D god that some here would have you believe.
Vertical is marginal at best.
The elevator movement in "sport" mode is woeful.
There is very little rudder power compared to say, the Parkmaster.
Hover performance is average.
I'm a very experienced 3D and F3A flier and sensed no "locked in" feeling at all.
And yes, my AS3X is working.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Flypaper 2

I agree with you 100%. I took the rcvr out of it and put in an orange rcvr. Performs much better now. It flies on a rail so there's no need for the gyro system. I cranked up the throws on it and it works much better now.