Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

T3D Cap - CG Question

Old 12-06-2003, 05:05 AM
gpang788

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T3D Cap - CG Question

Hi guys, I am currently building the T3D. I noticed that the CG has been ommitted from the plans. Can anyone help me out with the CG here?

Thanks
Old 12-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Scratchnhover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T3D Cap - CG Question

The CG on my assembly literature stated it is located at "7 cm back from the leading edge of the wing +/- 3 cm." I understood that to mean anywhere from 4 cm to 10 cm back from the LE. If you use the components that the plane is made for (GWS Pico's, etc), you will arrive at a CG that will fly fine. Then, you can move it fore or aft based upon what battery pack you use to fly it and how much foam you are willing to hog out.

I strongly recommend reinforcing the wing and fuselage with carbon fiber. The section of the fuselage at the servo cutouts is a potential breaking point with excessive flexing. The wings can be taped, but I think the full length carbon fiber is the best investment. I scarfed out a shallow trough from the battery pack location on the fuselage down the center of the bottom to the tail and installed the smallest diameter CF rod I had. I did the same thing on the bottom of the wing from tip to tip at the 7 cm location. Foam safe CA to glue it in. My goal was to have a 3D machine with no worries during extreme flying (see my Hangar flying video in this forum).

It's an extremely fun and stable plane to fly. You're going to love it! I'm almost done with my Wild Beast (slightly larger T3D). Looks like another fun foamie!
Mike