Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Depron/fanfold source. (Or a BACKYARD ARF/KIT/RTF)

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Depron/fanfold source. (Or a BACKYARD ARF/KIT/RTF)

Old 03-07-2004, 07:11 PM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depron/fanfold source. (Or a BACKYARD ARF/KIT/RTF)

Where does one go about obtaining Depron? I've been looking to get into electric 3D and after hours of research I've decided a 40 sized plane is not the way to go. I've seen plans on the net and RCU for depron planes, but I have not yet found where to get Depron in usable sheets. I want a plane that will fly on a GWS 350C. I want to start with NiMH batteries and move on to LiPo later. I would really like to get a kit or electric ARF but I can't find anything with over a 26 inch wingspan that will run with a 350C. Any idea's for ARFs or a cheap Depron (or similar) source? What about fanfold?
Old 03-10-2004, 12:13 AM
crashingagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Depron/fanfold source. (Or a BACKYARD ARF/KIT/RTF)

First off I think you might have a hard time doing 3d with a 350c on nimhs due to the low thrust/weight ratio unless you run a voltage that will shorten the motor life considerably. Lipos are the way to go here. As for Depron, have you looked at www.depronusa.com? If the price is too high or if shipping is unavailable in your area try to get blucor or fanfold from lowes of a local building supply store, check out www.foamfly.com for a lowes sku # on the blucore. Walmart sells foamboard with paper on it (that you will have to remove) if you get really desparate. Lastly, check out the HD3D arf at www.allerc.com , its 28 inches, uses a gws 350, and is depron