Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Sly's Hobby Den's Answer

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Sly's Hobby Den's Answer

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 09:21 AM
slysgal68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sly's Hobby Den's Answer

Hi all, I just wanted to let you all know the rest of the story since our integrity as a Hobby Shop is at stake here. I don't generally hangout on the forums but one of our customers alerted us of the situation. The following is the latest post in the continued saga of Ikarus' new Shock FLyers.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still however would like to see "Proof of Shipping" as originally requested and also now, proof of a claim with US Postal Service...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as your proof as soon as I can get it uploaded I will post a copy of the Customs form that accompanied your package that is, as I stated Friday, on its way. It was mailed out Feb. 20th.

The Customs tracking number is LC236233912US.

I believe that you owe Sly's Hobby Den a public apology since you have blamed us of being unprofessional, dis-honest and whatever other allegations you have stated.

Thank you,

Virginia
Office/Operations

quote:
The Customs tracking number is LC236233912US

I have just phoned AusPost and Customs and they both quote the LC # is only reference # not a tracking # & can't do anything about it from this end.

What a surprise!!!!!!

quote:
It was mailed out Feb. 20th.

Now this is getting silly!!!! Please note that all comments stated by you from number 4 on the list below, were from Feb 26...
Doesnt seem to add up, does it????

quote:
I believe that you owe Sly's Hobby Den a public apology since you have blamed us of being unprofessional, dis-honest and whatever other allegations you have stated.

Just because Sly's Hobby Den refunded the total after the situation went to advise from legal representatives, and on public forum, does not grant an apology.
The lead-up to the final action of Sly's Hobby Den sending a refund was "Unprofecional, Non-Genuine and dis-honest."
That sums up how Sly's Hobby Den conducted business in this matter.
Let me list again in the order of how this continued (Note the listings in Bold)...

1/ I place order and never recieve confirmation from Sly's

<You did receive confirmation both through PayPal and Email, our site automatically sends an invoice>

2/ Countless e-mails requesting relevant details get NO reply

<I replied to every email until you finally requested a refund and I sent your refund on a Sunday, answered your emails at 10:00 at night, when the Office is closed and I was supposed to be spending time with my family.

You argued with me even tho I gave you the same answer on every email. "Sir, I did answer your question, you will be getting your order as soon as we get another shipment from Ikarus. Ikarus is only get a small amount at a time from Germany. There is no need to yell here. We had 20 orders for Edges and have only receive 15 in. We are just as anxious to get these in and get them out. I don't believe you have been charged for your order as of yet."

You wanted a number, I gave you a number.

You never took into consideration that you are not the only customer who has shockflyers on order. I kindly asked you for your order # and your reply was "This is easy enough to do as you have the orders in front of you."

3/ A reply finally recieved say's "should be sent this week"
Further weeks pass

4/ Then an e-mail states "You have not got your ShockFlyer yet because we have only recieved "Edge's" from Ikarus"
I reply, It is an Edge that I ordered!!!!!

5/ I recieve an e-mail stating " I don't believe you have been charged for your order as of yet."
This was paid in full!!!

This is all the same email. I asked for an Order number and you told me I had the order right in front of me.

As far as your $41.72 order being paid in full, yes it was, you sent us a PayPal payment, we didn't charge you.

6/ Then this ..."YOU ARE RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE LIST...WHEN WE GET MORE SHOCK FLYERS FROM IKARUS YOU WILL GET ONE".
(Bare in mind that they state they have Edges, and that ShockFlyers are coming in every week...)

Of course this is after answering your question 5 times. We have more Shock Flyers on order than have been ordered, so everone that pre-paid was getting what we got in.

For the record this order was shipped Feb. 20th. The proof is on our site at the bottom under gin.

7/ Ikarus USA send a reply e-mail to me March 5 stating "They (Sly's Hobby Den) will receive their next Shock Flyer shipment around March 19."
mmmm that weekly quote is sounding a little flimsy!!!

[size=2]As far as Ikarus sending us a shipment, it's news to us, but if they did then we can expect it on Wens or Thurs of this week and will post it on our site.[/size]

8/ I wait with no word, and e-mail Sly's again 2 weeks later. I recieve this "If you would like a refund, just say the word..."
This has gone on too long!!! So I reply, Yes, I would now like a refund (as per their request).

I had thought the question had been answered. Again, the request was at 10pm Friday night and I posted your refund on Sunday afternoon

9/ Then I immediately get this "We have received several shipments of shockflyers and we are indeed sending them out. Which I might as well let you know that yours was shipped. After doing some digging, it was shipped."

I had to contact the warehouse and find out it the order was shipped, they keep the paperwork, until I pick it up and since I am busy trying to do our taxes, I had them hold all the paperwork after Jan. 1

10/ I reply asking for "Proof of shipping" of my order to confirm this statement...
STILL NO REPLY FROM SLY'S HOBBY DEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got you the proof of shipping located on our site as soon as I could on Monday.

The public apology should be made from Sly's Hobby Den to your many disgruntled (ex)customers (who have e-mailed me with similar complaints), for the same "Unprofecional, Non-Genuine and dis-honest" treatment, as stated on this thread...

I do however make a public apology for "using the online shopping section of the "legitiment" business of Sly's Hobby Den, in accordance with this online shopping section, and trusting they could conduct themselves in a business-like manner

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is your proof

www.slyshobbyden.net/gin1

Though the bad thing here is that this is all over a order that cost $41.00. But as you can see we have proof your order was shipped.

Last edited by Slysgal on Mar 23, 2004 at 12:31 AM

jefferyj

[ 27 ]

I think that the story ends here about your problems with Sly's Hobby Den. Looks like they have been straight up front with you and you just wanted to get all worked up over a small problem you had with them.

Thanks,
Jeff

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mar 23, 2004 12:35 AM

easytiger

[ 28 ]

I think he does owe an apology.

And I really feel for Sly's Hobbies. I KNOW this kind of customer. COUNTLESS emails.
"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
Fires off emails one after the other, expects you to drop whatever you are doing to hold his hand through every single step of the process...if you don't answer every email instantly, you are some sort of crook...

Mar 23, 2004 12:52 AM

ozace
Electrically Charged

[ 29 ]

Easytiger, UNFAIR , if a customer sends money they have a right to know whats happening.

Mar 23, 2004 12:54 AM

easytiger

[ 30 ]

There is a way of asking. When someone sends you "countless"(by his own admission) emails...it's a problem.
If someone sends one or two and waits for answer, that's different.
Me, I read the terms of sale, I send of the money, and I have faith. If I need something ASAP, I call or email and make sure it is in stock, and make sure that the vendor OFFERS that kind of service. Some do, some don't. But I find that 99.5% of people are honest, I don't need my hand held like a child thoughout the whole thing, 99% of the time, the stuff will show up without further conversation.
Some vendors send out emails when they receive your order, pack your order, send your order...I don't need all that. Just send the stuff when you can. If I am in a real hurry, I will say so up front and we can see if you can help me.
Anyway...
If the OP actually wants to find his package, he can drop the urban myths about shipping that he has been touting.

I have had three (off the top of my head) instances where I sent packages to australia, and they were held up in customs. The procedure is simple...the recipient calls up his local post office and ASKS(nicely) if they have a package for him that has a customs issue.

One time they asked me to write an email stating the item was a gift(it was), and the other two times they released the package to the recipeient with no customs due.

This happened from the customer's end, not the shipper's. So, why not try it?

I don't like this whole incident. I don't know Sly's Hobby Den, as a matter of fact, I have never even heard of them before this, but I don't like to see somebody called a theif and all that without any proof.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to do all this, I think this is something that needed to be handled out of the Public Eye, but since this customer wanted it all to be public, then I felt the need to state our side of the story. While yes we are a small company we do our best to get the products shipped out in a timely manner, but there are times that this is not in our control. We have to depend on our suppliers to get us the product we order in a timely manner, and sometimes it is not the case. Especially with the Shockflyers.

Regards,

Virginia
Office/Operations
Old 03-23-2004, 05:10 PM
slysgal68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sly's Hobby Den's Answer

This is the last that I am going to post on this subject here. If anyone has any questions please feel free to pm or email me personally.

As I stated earlier..... I wrote Frank from Ikarus an email...this is the reply that I received from him.

-------Original Message-------

Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 3:37:58 PM
To: 'Virginia'
Subject: RE: Shock Flyers

Hi Virginia,

We are currently unloading a container. It also includes Shock Flyers. You will be getting all backordered Shock Flyers.

We probably ship on Thursday.

Your second day order is leaving today.

Best Regards,

Ikarus-USA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 9:35 PM
To: Frank Heinrich
Subject: Shock Flyers

Hi Frank,

It's Virginia from Sly's Hobby Den. I am wondering what is the story on the Shock Flyers. We took some pre-orders and some of the folks are starting to get anxious. Where do we stand on them? Do expect to be able to ship any to us in the near future? We could really use a shipment of the back-ordered Extremas.

Also, We will be sending a payment tomorrow, you should have it on Monday.

Thank you,

Virginia

Office/Operations

Sly's Hobby Den

304-264-9520