Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

BP 21 TowerPro ?? ($21 brushless)

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

BP 21 TowerPro ?? ($21 brushless)

Old 11-30-2005, 09:17 AM
FreedomFlier
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BP 21 TowerPro ?? ($21 brushless)

Has anyone tried this equipment. I can't believe how inexpensive they are! I have never heard of them. I was wanting to try these out on a indoor 7oz plane. Not sure about durability or warranty policy either. See below.

http://2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/catal...nt-p-1884.html

BP 21 TowerPro Brushless RC Airplane Motor Firewall Mount. $21.00
(add 18A/25A Dualsky Brushless ESC for $22.95)

The famous BP 21 Outrunner motor from TowerPro has arrived! The powerful, yet inexpensive brushless motor is perfect for stick mount airplanes! This new and improved motor features better magnets for solid cogging and a metal stick mount. The motor weighs in at 46g/1.7 oz. This package includes a prop nut and screws. The recommended prop is a GWS8040. This brushless motor is perfect for the Top Gun Warbirds!

Propeller
Volts
Amps
Thrust

GWS 8040
7.4V
8.2A
12oz/342 g

GWS 8040
8.4V
8.6A
13.8 oz/394g

GWS 8040
9.6V
11.1A
17oz/485g

GWS 0840
11.1V
13.1A
21oz/600g

Add a 15A TowerPro ESC and Save $$$!

Old 11-30-2005, 09:35 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: BP 21 TowerPro ?? ($21 brushless)

Ive been using these for a LONG time on my outdoor foamies. I've been purchasing them from balsapr.com

The motors are awesome. Ive got a 14oz foamy Revolution II pattern plane that I fly outdoors. On a 3cell 1250mah lipo and a E-flite 20A esc, its a rocket. I can pull unlimited vertical...and I do mean unlimited. It will literally climb straight up out of sight. I actually recommend this motor for the plane I manufacture.

Ive used them on indoor shockies too. Its a bit heavy for a shocky, but you can cut the front post down and use a lightweight prop saver to save some weight.

They put out about 21oz of thrust at full throttle on a 3cell lipo. You can certainly use them indoors, but take it outdoors, and WOW what a motor. Its got about twice the power of a rimfire on a 3cell.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:39 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Oh and dont worry about durability. Ive got well over 300 flights on one of them, and its even been smacked head first into a chain link fence, and the steel wheel of a semi truck....dont ask.....Its still being used to this day on one of my planes, and it still is a rocket motor.

Ive got probably about 4 of them, and never had a problem from any of them. They just run and run and run.

Good plane choices for the motor would be any 6mm depron kit or any EPP foam kit such as the GWS Formosa, GWS warbirds, ....I plan on putting one of these into the new E-flite Ultimate FX, its gonna pull the wings off that ultimate.

Ive even used one to fly a plane similar to a Fliton Jumping Jack.

From experience...if you put one of these on a P-51 or some other warbird....HANG ON, cause your going for a ride.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Works good on the GWS Tigermoth 400 too. Not the prettiest motor in the world but are very reliable. Sort of like the Massey Ferguson of the brushless world.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:49 AM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Cheaper yet at www.xushobby.com
Old 07-22-2006, 03:53 AM
parkguy
My Feedback: (4)

I offer bp12/21 motors on my site also. www.sdparkflyers.com

I solder 3.5 gold male adapters on all my motors and hand test each one before shipping!

this are great little motors and still have to be I think the Best bargin for teh dollar!

Old 07-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: bdavison

They put out about 21oz of thrust at full throttle on a 3cell lipo. You can certainly use them indoors, but take it outdoors, and WOW what a motor. Its got about twice the power of a rimfire on a 3cell.
wow i dont know what rimfire you where using but it must have been a bad one... bp21 cant touch any of the 7 rimfires i have!... i have a bp but i havent found a plane small enough to use it outdoors with that will do anything i want.. all of my outdoor foamies are 16-18oz's