Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

mini funtana flying time

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

mini funtana flying time

Old 03-17-2006, 07:23 AM
karldaschner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini funtana flying time

Hi there

Anyone out there got a similar setup on there MF

Hs55 servos all round
Axi 2808-24
Jeti 35 speed control
Standard Mini Funtana plane (CF landing gear)

Looking to buy a knew Kokam 1500mah 3cell pack 20c, 30c burst current , weight 112g

What I would like to know is what standard flight time could I get from these, (normal flying with a few 3d tricks)? Dont want to go with the 2000mah pack as they are 65g heavier, unless there is much longer flight times than the above mentioned pack.

Thanks
Karl
Old 03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Gus155

Default RE: mini funtana flying time

Hi Karl,

I am flying my mf with a himax 2025/4200 inrunner on a box, with about a 7:1 ratio, swinging a 12x4.7 apc slow fly.
With that set up its drawing in the region of 18-20 Amps, and Around 200-230 watt. I have been using various 3cell lipos, from 1250 to 2000mah. Flight times with that set up, running 4X MS comp 022 srvos, and CC PHX 25 ESC, I am getting about 12 min on a 1500 no name lipo, and 15 min on the KOKAM 15c 2000mah. ( with a bit to spare)
The set up I am running is a bit noisy, but the verticle is awesome.
Have you got the wing in the front pos?
Mine flys ok with the 2000mah, dont seem to notice much difference.

Regards,

Gus
Old 03-20-2006, 02:15 AM
karldaschner

Hi Gus

Good to see another South African from Cape Town on the forum. I bought Damien's MF (You might of heard of him, flies 3d very well at Zeekoeivlei club) Still waiting on the servos to arrive, but I went to Ballisticrc this weekend and bought a Kokam 1500mah 20c 3cell pack. I will be very happy if I can get +-12min out of them. Think I'll fly the MF with the wing in the rear position for now? Where is yours? And is it really that more difficult in the front position? Got allot of shockflyer experience...

Regards
Karl
Old 03-21-2006, 05:40 PM
leblanc

Hey,

I actually have an axi 2808/24 on it with polly quests battery pack 1500. HS-55 ailerons and 56's on elevator and rudder ( because I love being rough while flying!!!) but im sure 55 are fine. I have an e-flite 20 amp esc. Just an awsome setup!!! Even after a 10 min flight, the motor pulls it verticle from your hand like a rag doll, just like shooting an arrow right up in the air!!! It's silly power and I love it.

Also from flying it, from people that have flown this airplane, my wings are starting to have a U shape... it's small but it's there. Just wondering if anyone has that as well?
And also when doing a knife edge what do u guys hear? Just your engine running or a little raddle sounds from somewhere, but I know that there is no danger after everyflight i check everything and it's all fine.

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 03-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Gus155

Hi Karl,

I flew mine with the wing in the front for the first few flights till I got to grips with it. The MF "Balloons" a bit when trying to land. I hated it when I first flew it with the wing in the front, but have since grown to love it, And stopped trying to fly it like a shocky.
I used to fly a bit of power at fish hoek, but its gone all electric now, so I go to Zeekoevlei to make a bit of noise now and then.
Good Luck with the MF.

A couple of us are starting a website for 3D flying, and have registerd 3dchaos.co.za, which is still under construction.
There are a few of us down south that are mainly slope flyers that are getting int the electric 3D stuff.

Gus