Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Rogue 3D bibe ques.

Old 04-04-2006, 06:50 PM
HitecMan
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rogue 3D bibe ques.

Well i am no way a electric guy, so i would go with the OS setup on it. I have flown alittle 3D but now i really want to learn. Would this be too much for me. I have been flying for about 2.5 years.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:21 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Rogue 3D bibe ques.

The Rogue 3D is a little new to get a lot of replies to this question. I think you should post a similiar question on the 3D gasser side, but more open ended like:

I want to learn 3D with a small 36 to 40" gas powered plane, what would you recommend? I bet the Rogue is not mentioned, it is just too new.

But that doen't mean it would not be good for it, there just might be something a lot better.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:17 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

I just got the Rogue3D a while back, and Im still in the process of building it. I havent flown it yet, so Im not sure.
If you've got 2-3 years of experience flying sport planes with ailerons. I think you could handle flying it. I havent seen any with the glow option in them. All the ones Ive seen on the net are electric powered. The Rogue comes with a mount for a OS .15LA motor, so it should work fine as a glow option. You will have to spend some extra time fuel proofing it. There is a large open space on the bottom for the lipo battery option that would have to be filled in to prevent exhaust from entering the fuselage.

If you choose to go with the Rogue. I would highly suggest setting the control surfaces very conservative. I have a feeling that the control surfaces (especially ailerons) are going to be highly effective.

If your thinking of the rogue as a 3D learning plane seems to me like it would make just as good an option as any other kit.

I know one thing. You couldnt find a better kit. Its really well built.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:51 PM
HitecMan
My Feedback: (43)

Thanks man i think i will.