Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:05 AM
JamieKerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

Hallo anyone please help!!! jk
Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 AM
HoverLoW

JamieKerr, I don't undertood very well your question, thanks to my poor english...

But looking for the other people comments on this thread about motors and batteries, I can't see why your combo will not work.

I am using a 12 amp esc with an AXI 2212/26. Works great with my 3s 1320mha battery, but the guys told me that an 900mha battery would be better, for the duration and weight too.

Well, I don't know the numbers of you mottor, but mine is bigger than a 370 one. If mine works great with an 12 amb esc and a 900 battery, I can't see why your will not work with an 800 battery and 10 amp esc.

I am using the stantard setup of my esc and everything is going fine...

I had once time an AXI 2208/34 with a CC 25 amp powered by a GWS 1300. I don't know why, but this combo didn't work...

Maybe you want to post some numbers to help people help you...
Old 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM
hellblastervolly

Hi JamieKerr.

HoverLow as a point, you did'n said how much juice is left in you lipos after the ESC cutoff the voltage. The Default Auto Cut Off will kill the voltage at 9.0v for a 3s lipo that has a Voltage of 11.1V 3-Cell. But just because it kill it a 9 it dosent mean will stay at 9, as the batt cool down the voltage will go up to a point. 400 or 800 mah dosent matter this just tell you how much fly time you will get with the set up you have.

Fernando
Old 10-25-2007, 05:25 PM
JamieKerr

Hey all not to worry found out now what I asked, Will purchase some 800 soon, Jk
Old 10-27-2007, 02:55 PM
qspilotcmh

I just purchased the plane/engine combo. I noticed that I got the Park 370 1360KV motor instead of the 1020KV. It is the same weight and provides more power, however I would need a larger battery and speed controller to handle the load. Do you recommend I keep this motor or get the 1020KV? I am thinking about keeping it and going with a Castle Thunderbird 18amp and a Flight Power EVO 11.1V 800mah battery. It may add an 1/2 ounce to the total setup compared to the Park 370 1020KV, Castle 10, and TP 730. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2007, 04:03 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

It will work,I used the 18 amp with 640's.Had a 910 also,but that is weighing it down from there on.
You may just have to experiment with props to balance out the higher KV rating.If you are able to return it and go with the lighter set up,do that,but with a bit more weight like you have now,it will handle a bit better outside.This plane requires that you fly it with rudder.It is stuborn to turn without.This improves 3D skills however
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM
qspilotcmh

Thanks for the info. Anyone else have similar setups? I would like to fly it outside with <5 mph wind. I think the Flight Power Evolite 800 weighs the same as the TP 730 plus it's a 20C battery so it can handle more power. I would like to get a battery with balancing leads so I can use my Cellpro 4s charger. This is my first "small" plane so any suggestions would be appreciated.

My setup so far:

Park 370 1360KV
Castle Thunderbrid 18
Flight Power Evolite 800MAH
AR6100 Receiver
Hitec HS55 servos.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:37 AM
hellblastervolly

To fly outside you need the extra weight that the Evolite 800(70 grams) or TP910(65 grams)will add to the plane both have balancing leads and use low pich props if you'r going for 3D. The rest of your set up is fine.

Fernando
Old 11-04-2007, 08:48 AM
HoverLoW

My video...

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=FWVOVstQ0fw
Old 11-05-2007, 02:58 AM
hellblastervolly

Nice Video
Old 11-05-2007, 07:18 AM
HoverLoW

Thanks
Old 01-11-2008, 01:32 PM
HoverLoW

Is this plane discontinued? I could't find it on Horizon site. Just its parts...
Old 01-14-2008, 02:01 AM
WildBlueYawnder

I bought a Byp Yak and have it mostly assembled but I'm having trouble figuring out how to reverse the shaft in the E-Flite 370 motor. I have the instructions that came with the motor but the directions don't seem right on reversing the shaft for the motor I have. On mine there is one set screw on the rotating part of the shaft and a snap ring on the other end. The E-Flite web site has the same directions that came with my motor but a site in Australia has instructions that seem to fit my motor better. However that site says there should be two set screws to loosen and then remove the snap ring and push the shaft through.

Before I attempt to make the change I would like to be sure I'm using the correct set of instructions. My eyes aren't what they used to be and trying to hold a magnifying glass and work on the motor is challenging enough without using the wrong directions.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:04 PM
jaybird11

take the set screw out and snap ring then you have to tap on the shaft to knock it thru.turn it around and put back,no big deal. you cant pull it out with your fingers it is tight you have to tap on it. if outrunner you have two set screws if not only one.[
Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
WildBlueYawnder

Does it matter if you tap it out from the rotating side or the fixed side? I've spent a bit of time on the snap ring with no success. Do you have a snap ring tool small enough for it? I've tried mini electronic screwdrivers so far trying to push it off and that didn't work.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 AM
jaybird11

call this number ask for archie.(archies rc model shop 727 506 0394 he will help you .
Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
boss_blueangels

I just finished my first flight of my Byp-Yak and am in shock! I LOVE this airplane! It was my first foamy of its kind and was instantly in love. I practiced for many hours on RealFlight with various setups to simulate just about everything that could go wrong with it (ie. CG issues) which proved to be overkill. It required only a few clicks of trim for the ailerons and other than that, this thing flys straight as an arrow! I left it with full 3D travel because in my experience too much control is much better than not enough. The thing knife-edges hands off on both sides, literally! I was also extremely shocked that this airplane felt so light! Even though mine is a bit on the heavy side with an 800 battery pack. Just landing it is a dream. I did wheel landings, and did many touch and goes where I turned around without ever letting the tail touch. I had a very steady light wind and did a couple of crosswind landings where I landed with only one main, taxied a few feet then took back off again... without scraping the wingtips!

It really seemed to struggle in the hover, however, but it did manage quite nicely. And got a great 6-foot tailslide out of one of them!

Anyway, now that the anxiety of the first flight is over with I can start to get to work making this little bird shine!

Oh, and as for setup, it's right out of the book including the DX6 radio system.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:39 PM
WildBlueYawnder

Did you use the E-Flite Park 370 motor? If so did you have any issues reversing the motor shaft?
Old 01-17-2008, 12:00 AM
boss_blueangels

Yup, I have the Park 370 outrunner and had no issues with reversing the motor shaft. It was as simple as removing the set screws, the E-clamp and pushing it through. In fact, I even got the power connections right the first time so the motor was spinning the correct direction! lol
Old 01-17-2008, 12:16 AM
WildBlueYawnder

Sorry for my ignorance but whats the E-clamp? I only see one set screw (on the rotating end). Help!!! What am I missing here. I'm a definite newbie to a shaft reversal. Is the E-clamp the snap ring? How did you remove it? I can't see the small stuff very well and I haven't had any luck so far. Holding a magnifying glass and working on the motor is not a trick I'm good at. Does the E-clamp go back on the shaft?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:37 AM
boss_blueangels

Sorry I didn't check back sooner to give you a hand!

Yeah, it's that little snap ring. (I'm used to calling them E-clamps from my T-Maxx manual. lol) I just used a pair of needle nose pliers to try and get the clamp off of there. Kinda tricky... it's certainly easier to get it on than off. Just take that off, slide the shaft through to the other side, re-clamp, tighten the set screw and you're ready to rock and roll. Good luck and feel free to ask all the questions you need.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:45 PM
RiseAgainst017

is there anywhere i can still get this plane?
if not is the electrifly pluma anything like it?
Old 02-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Richieonthefly

I am on my 2nd Byp Yak and almost couldnt find one (discontinued, why is a big mistake this is the greatest airplane in the world) so, when I found one I bought two (the other is sealed up till this one can't fly anymore. Here is the thing. My first "Snoopy" took most of it's damages to the wing tips and leading edges. so, while I couldn't find another Byp Yak I bought a Yak 54 here's where to pay attention. I took bamboo skewers (shish-kabobs) and split them with a razor then enlaid them in the leading edges of the wings and around the tips with 2 part epoxy but TRAGEDY happened. On new years eve I test flew it for 90 seconds, thats all the time I had it for. a servo for the elevator locked up 10 degrees down during a high speed pass. It was TOTALY destroyed Except where I put the bamboo. always use the best equipment you can't quite afford. Now on "snoopy 2" I did the same and have inccodents that should have tore up the wings but no! I HIGHLY reccomend doing this it adds almost no weight but makes the wings incredibly strong.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 AM
TRCX

hey guys just got one of these, setup is
eflite 450 outrunner
waypoint 25amp esc
4 eflite sub micro servos
JR R700S reciever.
flight power evo lite 1320mah pack

but im worried it might be to heavy?
any ideas?
thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 11:19 PM
hellblastervolly

Hi TRCX.

Yes it will be on the very heavy side. The lipo and the motor are to much for it. The ESC is a little but you can getaway with it as long as you keep the other areas in the lite side.

Fernando

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.