Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Hacker A30-22S with a pheonix 25? Will it work?

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Hacker A30-22S with a pheonix 25? Will it work?

Old 06-08-2006, 06:18 PM
leblanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hacker A30-22S with a pheonix 25? Will it work?

Hey guys,

I've got a hacker A30-22S coming in and a pheonix 25 that I already have here. I've made an order eariler and they've accidently put an A30-22S, when I asked for the 28S... bummer....

So now I am wondering if the almighthy pheonix 25 will handle it. So heres the setup I was thinking to run on it. I will be running a 3cell battery and a 10x5 prop...

I hope this setup is going to work....

Thanks alot

LeBlanc
Old 06-09-2006, 09:13 PM
spicedcrab

Default RE: Hacker A30-22S with a pheonix 25? Will it work?

the phoenix 25 will work, i dont know if you already have one or are getting a new one but the new ones have a 3amp BEC (much better)as opposed to a 2amp BEC on all the older ones. also the 10x5E prop is the perfect prop for the A30-28S (its the one i run on mine) but you wont be able run more than a 8x4E prop on the 22S model because of the higher rpms. maybe think about sending back the 22S since they made a mistake, unless you like the idea of the higher rmps/smaller prop, then stick with the one you have. also, you may want to check out the combo deal for $129.99 from northeast sailplane Its were i got mine and youll get a phoenix 35 that will have less resistance than a phoenix 25, giving you cooler running and longer flights.

http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=3573

john
Old 06-09-2006, 09:19 PM
spicedcrab

Default RE: Hacker A30-22S with a pheonix 25? Will it work?

oh, i just re-read your question, i see that you already have the phoenix 25. in that case, to answer your question, yes your phoenix 25 will run that motor fine, it will be pulling about 15 or 16 amps if you dont over prop it, and the controller will handle up to 25. remember DONT go over 8x4 or you may burn up the motor.

john