Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

GP YAK 55 EP FlightFlex and Rimfire 22?

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

GP YAK 55 EP FlightFlex and Rimfire 22?

Old 06-12-2006, 08:23 AM
jeremy_c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP YAK 55 EP FlightFlex and Rimfire 22?

Greetings!

This weekend I destroyed my RCUniverse FlatOut (dumb mistake, as they always are, caused it's utter death) and was thinking of getting a Great Planes YAK 55 EP, the FlightFlex one, not the normal foamie. For my RCUniverse Flatout, I have the 12A ESC and a RimFire 22 brushless motor for it.

Anyone know if my RimFire 22 brushless will work with it? I'd have to manufacture a mount, but I am more concerned with power. I don't want to have to buy a brushed ESC and also let my RimFire 22 go to waste.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 06-14-2006, 07:08 PM
leblanc

Default RE: GP YAK 55 EP FlightFlex and Rimfire 22?

Personnaly, I don't think you ll have the power you want out of it... I have the rimfire and the yak 55 flight flex. And hmm, I had an axi 2212/20 on it and it hovered at 1/2 throttle on a 1500 mah lipo. the 2212/20 is a much larger motor than the rimfire...

LeBlanc
Old 06-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Loswave

Default RE: GP YAK 55 EP FlightFlex and Rimfire 22?

I've got the yak-55 flightflex, and a flatout equiped with the rimfire. There is now way on this planet that the rimfire has enough power for the yak. I have an E-Flite Park 370 outrunner in mine, it works great, be sure to use a 10x 4.7 prop though, the 11x4.7 that comes with it is a little to much for that set up. If you try the rimfire you'll probably burn it up, wither that or your esc. It's an awesome plane though, torque rolls almost by itself.