Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Radio / receiver compatability

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Radio / receiver compatability

Old 06-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Lammy1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio / receiver compatability

My hitec 05s receiver has channels 1 - 4 and channel 6. I did not know that this receiver will not allow my hitec flash 5's channel 5 to serve as the second aileron servo. Will using a y-connector for the ailerons into channel 4 be an issue? I know that the end point adjustments won't be independent, but i don't know if that's a problem. The plane is an aifoilz 3d.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:21 PM
slopenutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio / receiver compatability

channel 6 should be the flap channel on the flash 5. if you use the flaperon mixing simply plug one servo into the aileron channel and the other into channel 6 and it should work just fine. if your ailerons don't move in the correct direction simply swap the plugs (put the one that was in the aileron channel into channel 6)

Channel 5 is almost always used for retracts so that is why most recievers such as yours delete that channel.