Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Copperhead Aviation - Extra Stiffy (mixed feelings)

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Copperhead Aviation - Extra Stiffy (mixed feelings)

Old 06-22-2006, 03:32 AM
marks90004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copperhead Aviation - Extra Stiffy (mixed feelings)

So I just put my Extra Stiffy together and took it on it's maiden flight today.

The Extra Stiffy

Cons:
It's a heavy bird and flys like a brick compared to other foamies. However, there is an upside to this. Most foamies make it too easy to do 3D, thus you get a false sense of confidence. Then when you move over to your full size 3D glow plane, it becomes a handful. This plane flys more like a full size 3D bird compared to other foamies.

Pros:
Man, this sucker is strong. I was doing pylon style flying around a soccer field and accidentally ran full speed into the park lightpost about 100 ft above the deck. It spun around and did a flat spin, then I managed to gain control and bring her down smoothly. The fuse had a minor crease and the wing bearly had a dent on the impact spot. Most foamies that I've flown would've never survived this. My own fault, but the plane handled great.

Copperhead Aviation Service

Cons:
1. They rarely answer the phone.
2. If you have any questions, good luck reaching someone to answer your question. However, if you do manage to reach someone, they are very helpful in answering your questions.

When I finally did reach someone to place a backorder for my plane, they said that it would ship out in a week. That didn't happen. I had to call them several times a day for 5 days straight to get an answer. Then when the guy says he'll call me back in 5 minutes, he ends up calling me the next day.
I asked if it's ok to ship to a PO Box, they say "sure no problem". I waited a week and a half for the plane when it should've only taken 3 days. Still no delivery was made. I called them and they told me that DHL notified them already saying that they can't deliver to a PO Box. So it was just sitting in the DHL's warehouse the whole time awaiting further instructions!! I don't blame Copperhead Aviation for the delivery problem.

But here's the real kicker, they didn't call me or email me to let me know that there was a problem with the shipping even though they fully knew of the situation. Instead they just waited until I called to ask for the status of my order before correcting the problem. So if I didn't call, the shipping issue would have never been resolved.

3. I had a problem with a bad servo they sent with my plane. I called several times. Left a message. 6 days later, still no return call. And I doubt that I will ever get a call back.

Pros:
At least they got my whole order right. So when I did get me package, I got everything I paid for.

I am pretty torn as to whether or not I should encourage others to buy from Copperhead Aviation. I have to admit that they do have an outstanding product.

However, I'm a firm believer in that a product is only as good as the people that stand behind it.

I know that Copperhead Aviation constantly views the posts here on RCUniverse and respond very quickly to comments or critizism. If they only devoted as much time to respond to their paying customers as they do responding to the posts on this website, they'd be a better business.

So would I ever order from them again? Well...... the plane is a solid flyer. But with such a wide selection of foamies in the market, I think I would settle to buy a plane from a company that is known for better customer service than what Copperhead Aviation puts out. Even if the quality isn't as good as the Extra Stiffy, I'd go elsewhere for better service.

Grade:

Extra Stiffy: "A"

Copperhead Aviation Customer service: "F"

Last comments. If they do somehow improve on their customer service, I would consider buying from them again. But as of right now, I can't see giving them anymore of my business. I hope that Copperhead Aviation reads this post and sees it as an opportunity to improve rather than to take it negatively and fire back at me for my comments. Like I said, "they do have a great product.... they just have to change their customer service."
Old 06-22-2006, 07:21 AM
novabill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Copperhead Aviation - Extra Stiffy (mixed feelings)

ORIGINAL: marks90004

So I just put my Extra Stiffy together and took it on it's maiden flight today.

The Extra Stiffy

Cons:
It's a heavy bird and flys like a brick compared to other foamies. However, there is an upside to this. Most foamies make it too easy to do 3D, thus you get a false sense of confidence. Then when you move over to your full size 3D glow plane, it becomes a handful. This plane flys more like a full size 3D bird compared to other foamies.

Pros:
Man, this sucker is strong. I was doing pylon style flying around a soccer field and accidentally ran full speed into the park lightpost about 100 ft above the deck. It spun around and did a flat spin, then I managed to gain control and bring her down smoothly. The fuse had a minor crease and the wing bearly had a dent on the impact spot. Most foamies that I've flown would've never survived this. My own fault, but the plane handled great.

Copperhead Aviation Service

Cons:
1. They rarely answer the phone.
2. If you have any questions, good luck reaching someone to answer your question. However, if you do manage to reach someone, they are very helpful in answering your questions.

When I finally did reach someone to place a backorder for my plane, they said that it would ship out in a week. That didn't happen. I had to call them several times a day for 5 days straight to get an answer. Then when the guy says he'll call me back in 5 minutes, he ends up calling me the next day.
I asked if it's ok to ship to a PO Box, they say "sure no problem". I waited a week and a half for the plane when it should've only taken 3 days. Still no delivery was made. I called them and they told me that DHL notified them already saying that they can't deliver to a PO Box. So it was just sitting in the DHL's warehouse the whole time awaiting further instructions!! I don't blame Copperhead Aviation for the delivery problem.

But here's the real kicker, they didn't call me or email me to let me know that there was a problem with the shipping even though they fully knew of the situation. Instead they just waited until I called to ask for the status of my order before correcting the problem. So if I didn't call, the shipping issue would have never been resolved.

3. I had a problem with a bad servo they sent with my plane. I called several times. Left a message. 6 days later, still no return call. And I doubt that I will ever get a call back.

Pros:
At least they got my whole order right. So when I did get me package, I got everything I paid for.

I am pretty torn as to whether or not I should encourage others to buy from Copperhead Aviation. I have to admit that they do have an outstanding product.

However, I'm a firm believer in that a product is only as good as the people that stand behind it.

I know that Copperhead Aviation constantly views the posts here on RCUniverse and respond very quickly to comments or critizism. If they only devoted as much time to respond to their paying customers as they do responding to the posts on this website, they'd be a better business.

So would I ever order from them again? Well...... the plane is a solid flyer. But with such a wide selection of foamies in the market, I think I would settle to buy a plane from a company that is known for better customer service than what Copperhead Aviation puts out. Even if the quality isn't as good as the Extra Stiffy, I'd go elsewhere for better service.

Grade:

Extra Stiffy: "A"

Copperhead Aviation Customer service: "F"

Last comments. If they do somehow improve on their customer service, I would consider buying from them again. But as of right now, I can't see giving them anymore of my business. I hope that Copperhead Aviation reads this post and sees it as an opportunity to improve rather than to take it negatively and fire back at me for my comments. Like I said, "they do have a great product.... they just have to change their customer service."
Wow, It's about time someone makes a constructive post

Mark, Thank you for the manner and tone in which you post. Others should take note of your tone.

As to what you speak of, you are right. This we see and are constantly working on solutions. We never expected to get the response we have (400+ planes per month) and too often, customers are slipping through the cracks. These are growing pains we have to face and quick.

If anyone needs to contact me, call 386-867-4374 and if I don't answer, please leave a detailed message. This will help until we get it sorted out.

Thanks