Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Reflection preformance with stock motor

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Reflection preformance with stock motor

Old 07-24-2006, 09:08 PM
GrantK
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reflection preformance with stock motor

I'm considering getting a FO reflection bipe and realy don't want to pay for a rimfire unless I need it to hover easyly. Can anyone tell me about the reflection's preformance with the stock motor
Old 07-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Loswave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reflection preformance with stock motor

To tell you the truth, I've never even talked to someone who used the stock motor lol. It should perform fine, I beleive the guys at my LHS told me it should hover at about 2/3 to 3/4 throttle and pull out alright. Just remember, if you fly with a 3S lipo, which you should, that motor should only last about 50 flights or so... The rimfire will last much longer, which is why I went with it, I figured in the long run I'd end up with it anyways, so I figured I'd actually save 30 bucks for not buying the brushed ESC, it should work well enough though. Actually, now that I think of it, I have 3 motor/gearbox/prop saver/prop sets for FOs laying around, perhaps after the motor does go on ya, I'll sell them to you cheap, lol.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reflection preformance with stock motor

On my Flatana, it took full throttle to hover, and it's lighter than the Reflection. Go Brushless, you won't regret it.