Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

BEST STARTER AIRPLANE

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 09:20 PM
ERIC108

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST STARTER AIRPLANE

What would be the best starter plane for a beginner. I plan on having some crashes so it would have to be durable and cheap to repair. I already have tx and rx. I have been flying t-rex 450 so i would like to stay electric say something that i could use my 11.1 lipos with and i would like to use HS-55 servos so i could have a couple spares for each or steal off each other. I would like to fly on a 50 by 50 yard area and plan on landing on grass.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:07 AM
eugenefelisco

Default RE: BEST STARTER AIRPLANE

Well best bet is slowstick. Or anything on that line. Anyone agree.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:59 AM
Doz_75

Hi Eric.

After seeing videos of the Slow Stick, like [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxcOQn_2Zh0&mode=related&search=]this[/link] one, I would say that's a great beginner.

The con is that the prop. is in the front, that makes it more wonerable to nose crashes, compared to a pusher model.

Good luck.

/Doz
Old 10-11-2006, 09:53 PM
jascamera

I am in the exact situation. I fly the T-rex 450XL, SE. I really like flying foamies and check out 3Dfoamy.com for Super extra, or any of the pro foamy that they have. Flying characteristic is much more like a heli, very 3d capable and much less fixes once you get the handle of it. No belt, tail blade break on you like the Trex, got to like that. Practice a bit on the sim and you will find it fly very similar to the t-rex, get the landing down and you will have no trouble. props are like $3., not $13 like te heli. I still love flying my t-rex, don't get me wrong. Actually love it the best except for it breaking on me on mid air quite often.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Rush7
My Feedback: (74)

Go with the slowstick. They are great flyers and are very cheap to repair. Put a brushless setup on it and you will love it. I have a Himax inrunner on mine with a CC Phoenix 25 and fly it ith a Falcon Predator 2200mah for 30 minutes.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:54 AM
eugenefelisco

Well I had my good times with my SS. I have a 300 geared,TP2cell1320 and a pixie20 goes 45 mins and still have power to land. And with my 3cell1320 it goes 1hour 30mins. Sounds good to be true HUH but that flight I go 8 take offs and landings HAHAHA. When its up there its seems to stay there FOREVER thats how nice the SS are, ANYONE AGREE WITH ME