Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Byp Yak Maiden

Old 11-04-2006, 10:08 AM
VictoryRoll-91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Byp Yak Maiden

Well, today was the maiden of my E-Flite Byp Yak. It was FREEEEEEZZZZIINNNGGGGG out, my toes were numb, my nose was cold, but there was NO wind! I got it up quickly, first thing I did was go into a hover, this thing hovers like it's hanging by a string, no corretions needed, awesome. It glides really well, and can fly extremely slow. I was very happy with the flight so far, when all of a sudden, I had come out of a loop, and NOTHING worked. I don't now what happened, but nothing seemed to work. Luckily, this plane can glide well, and the only damage was one of the wheel pants cracked in half. This sounds stupid, but I believe the problem was because of a combination of the cold, and a crappy reciever. I had my reciever from pz typhoon, which was definitely a mistake, but anyway, do you guys think the cold couldv'e done this? I can't figure it out, I had a 10x4.7 on it, which I will soon be switching to a 9x4.7. Well, thanks, and I'm gonna go put my GWS reciever in it!
Austin
Old 11-04-2006, 12:36 PM
hobbydude214
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Byp Yak Maiden

well i dont knowfor sure the cold but definately dont use any park zone equipment in any serious airplane. Even GWS can give you trouble sometimes, but they are far better than parkzone.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:28 PM
VictoryRoll-91

I think I know what happened, I was using a 10x4.7, when I should have been using a 9x4.7, basically, I just over-amped the esc.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:35 PM
ctnic

VictoryRoll,

My setup was cutting off also with a 10x4.8 prop. Switched to a 10x3.8 and the problem went away. I personally preffer the lower pitch prop on this plane.

Chris
Old 11-04-2006, 07:19 PM
tjkav8tor
My Feedback: (1)

I'm having trouble figuring out how to reverse the Eflite Park 370 motor - are you guys running this motor on your Byp Yak's and can you offer any insight into this reversing process?

Thanks in advance!
TJ
Old 11-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Huckaneer

I don't think the cold could do that. I have flown mine in -15C and never had results like that. In colder weather everything gets brittle and my ailerons warp severely.
To reverse the shaft, take off the e clip and washer. Undo the setscrew on the spinning part of motor. Push the shaft through and then put the washer and e clip back on. THis is how mine worked.
Glad you enjoyed the plane and it will only get better from here.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:44 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

tjkav8tor

To reverse a brushless, switch any two wires.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:17 PM
VictoryRoll-91

I think he means how do you flip around the shaft, but he very well could mean that. Does that really work?
Old 11-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah, flipping any two wires reverses direction.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:16 PM
malcolmm

ORIGINAL: VictoryRoll-91

I think he means how do you flip around the shaft, but he very well could mean that. Does that really work?
Yes, I think he is referring to flipping the shaft.

I hate doing the flipping the shaft thing so much on E-flight motors that I refuse to buy them anymore in cases where I need to reverse the shaft. I managed to do it okay with a Park 400, with a Park 370 I managed to wreck the bearings. For some people the shaft is fairly easy to move, for me, with both my motors it took a huge amount of pounding to force the shaft through.

The hobby shop I bought the motors from said they have other customers with this problem. I'm not sure why Horizon doesn't address this issue.

Malcolm
Old 11-06-2006, 05:24 PM
VictoryRoll-91

I had to use a hammer, then when it was to low to hit, someone grabbed pliers while I held on to the other end, and it was really hard to get out because it took soooooo much force, that I got puled around my basement. The second time, it was worked in and was easier to switch, GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-06-2006, 07:26 PM
marcwv
My Feedback: (4)

I had to bang mine thru with a hammer also ,but it worked. Tap it softly and increase , till it starts moving.
Regards, Marc
Old 11-06-2006, 11:19 PM
VictoryRoll-91

Yeah, too hard, and well....I hope your lhs sells the shaft for it!