Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Maiden Flight of Parkzone TYPHOON

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Maiden Flight of Parkzone TYPHOON

Old 07-25-2007, 02:51 PM
nystagehane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maiden Flight of Parkzone TYPHOON

I maidened my Parkzone Typhoon today, first time with ailerons. It was a little windy but I went for it. I have all my throws set on the lowest settings.

I gave it a little throttle on the baseball diamond, it started rolling, I gave it full throttle and it went straight up in the air with the thrust prop on it.

It flew so good I could hardly believe it. It just did everything I wanted it to do and quickly. This plane flew great with the throws on the lowest setting and I did not even switch to the high throws setting on the radio yet.

I flew it around for about 5 minutes and brought it in for a landing on the grass. I tried to flare the landing but didn't, it still landed slow and on it wheels, it flip lightly over with no power on and had zero damage. I am not too disappointed with the first landing..

I did loops flew upside down, no barrel rolls yet or anything fancy. This plane flies great! I had it set for a little to much up elevator so it always wanted to climb but I compensated for that with the controls.

I heard people say this plane was a handfull to fly and not a aileron trainer. I am here to say the way I have this plane setup almost anyone could fly it with a little experence. The plane is so quiet also.

Having the power this plane has also makes it very easy to fly, because you have the power to quickly move the plane where you want.

I never touched the rudder but will slowly experiment with time. If anyone knows where I can read about using the rudder and 3d aerobatics please let me know.

As far as the parkzone equipment I have no complaints. The radio, rx and servo's all worked fine, I see know need for computer radio's with these airplanes. Thats why I bought a f27b airframe so I can use my same tx with it and just buy a $26.00 rx from parkzone or even cheaper from ebay.

Just my 2 cents, I hopefully will be flying this plane for a long time.

Bye

Old 07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
novabill

Default RE: Maiden Flight of Parkzone TYPHOON

Glad to hear all went well. As for your question about reading material, I'll make a suggestion based on personal experience.

Radio Control Aerobatics For Everyone by Dave Patrick and published by Air Age Publishing. It's an older book, but very informative taking you from your first roll to rolling harriers and everything in between. It also has sections on plane setup. Should be able to find it for $10 or less on Amazon.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:50 PM
CitYbYdBaY

Default RE: Maiden Flight of Parkzone TYPHOON

I was thinking about getting one, but wanted to know how windy was it when you flew it? Was it like 10 to 20 MPH or more wind? I want to know how much wind it can fly in.