Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Extreme FLight Extra 300E

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Extreme FLight Extra 300E

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Jerkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme FLight Extra 300E

I have the Extreme Flight Extra 300E 45". Plane is awsome but after my flying session today I noticed the landing gear block was caved in. It bkoke at the rear and was pushed up into the fuse. My club has a grass field so the wheels are prolly catching in the grass stressing the landing block. Any one else having this issue with this plane? Would appreciate some suggestions on preventing this from happening again.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-06-2008, 02:00 PM
DKflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Extreme FLight Extra 300E

Mike,

I fly off of a rough grass field and had the same problem. I glued some carbon tape (on the inside) extending over the landing block and partially up the sides of the plane. This is very light, and I haven't had another problem (about 50 flights since then). I am also using larger wheels now, and not using wheel pants.

Hope this helps.

DK
Old 02-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Swazzi2000
My Feedback: (4)

Dk,

I hear a lot of people talking about beefing up their models with carbon tape, carbon sheets etc... I was just wondering where I can get some because I too have had issues with my landing gear. The first incident was minor so i decided to fly with it but this time i ran out of power and crash landed in a rough dirt spot and it tore my landing gear out.

Mike,
You are not the only one having problems with this plane... I mean it is an awesome build and it flies great but there cud be some improvements in some places. I am currently making a fix on my landing gear also. I took the gear off and straightened it out, now im trying to figure out where to start my fix and where I will decide to make my modification. I am definately gonna use some carbon sheeting or carbon tape if I can get ahold of some to strenghten it.
Other than that i love its performance. I just have to learn to land when the timer goes off next time...lol

Good Luck to us,
Mike
Old 02-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Cleared2Engage

I've got a similar problem with my EF Yak. Tore out the landing gear from a hard landing on rough dirt. I ended up cleaning out the old mount area with the dremel and cut up a block of 3/16" plywood and glued the block where the old mount was. BAM! No more issues with the landing gear ripping out on less than perfect landings. I also painted the block to macth the under carriage. While I was at it I took out a small square of the covering to let the battery breathe better.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32828.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	873653  
Old 02-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Swazzi2000
My Feedback: (4)

Nice Job C2E!!! You have given me incentive to do the same to mines. I was thinking that i wouldn't be able to get it back together and if i did it would never fly right but i will try it anyways. Im gonna take the dremel to it tonight... Wish me luck
Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 PM
adamasonyx

maiden flyt mine earlier and it's a pretty light plane. Flies pretty well.
Can you guys post ur dualrate setup? Did u just follow the manual recommendation? What about aileron diferrential?
Mine has 3rates and I'm too chicken to use the max deflection, LOL, just tried flat spin once and that's about it.