Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

scorpion 3020-12 review

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

scorpion 3020-12 review

Old 09-02-2007, 02:10 PM
bbike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scorpion 3020-12 review

alright guys, after crashing my brand new gp extra 330s due to a poor rimfire 35-30-1250kv that died durring a hover at about 30 feet, I decided that I will never put my plane in that dangar again. I researched on our great forums here for about a week and found that alot of people had similar experiences with the rimfire motors. I did here though that scorpion makes an excelent motor. I was skeptical because the motor I was told to get waid about 5.5 ounces and the rimfire weighed about 3 ounces. Sure enough I had to change the cog of the plane, but once that was dialed in, I threw on a 11x5.5 apc prop on there. I was running about 31amps full throttle. I was able to hover at 1/3 throttle and could fly staight up at about 35mph at full. Run time is also very impressive, I am actually getting better runtime now with the scorpion. I was getting an average of 8 minute witht the rimfire, and now Im getting an average of 15minutes doing hi alpha flite with a 15c 2100 3s greatplanes lipo. Just wanted every one to know the great performance Im getting now. I expect performance to increase even more when I go with the gp yak54. I say this because the yak has more surface area (lower wing loadaing) and the extra 330 is being held together right now with about 8 ounces of epoxy after the crash. Even with the damaged heavy airframe Im using now, performance in unreal. Also thanks to rcdude.com I talked to him for about half an hour and was extremly helpful in my decision. Thanks to every one who helped me aswell in this great online community. Thanks, Spence
Old 12-28-2007, 06:08 PM
EpoweredRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: scorpion 3020-12 review

Scorpions are going to take over all other companys I belive. They are great motors and thats all I will run for now on, as long as thier around.