Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

nitro plane sucks

Old 04-02-2008, 08:16 PM
ballwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro plane sucks

ya know i bought a p51d mustang 2008 80 dollar deal and they dont carry parts or it what a crappy company off to buy a park zone at least they have parts
Old 04-02-2008, 08:25 PM
ballwall

Default RE: nitro plane sucks

ps dont buy the 80 dollar ones they dont carry parts if you crash your done
Old 04-02-2008, 08:43 PM
ballwall

just talked to them 4 ta 6 weeks get a park zone not worth the wait
Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Get Real:

It is almost impossible to have quality and service and cheep at the same time. A owner can not stay in business and pay his own living expences and sell us products at less than the cost. There are some good deals out there, but you have to take your chances if you want cheap. I'm not sure that cheep is the most cost effective way for anyone to go in the long run. By cheep battery packs and expect them to perform like a top line product would be wonderful. Most likely, the battery is poor, passed along from a bad product run, and we buy expecting top of the line performance. There are some batteries and motors out there that perform adequately, and are cost effective. Problem is you have t buy a number of them and test yourself to find out what is good, bad or average. The most cost effective way to go seems to be finding a shop that tests the products prior to selling them to the public. There are some good shops out there that do just that as a customer service and also promote themselves. If you run into one of those, it would be in your best interests to support that shop. I can say honestly that rcx planes and the 3dhobby shop has never ever sold me a dog as a package deal. There are others I am sure. Find them and support them. If you want a well contructed plane, learn to build one yourself from a kit or scratch. Its the only way to be contented with the workmanship, or know enough to criticize the work of others. ENJOY
Old 04-04-2008, 12:00 AM
ballwall

i know how to build planes i been doing it for 15 years dont matter if the item is cheap or not if you sell it you carry the parts for it
Old 04-04-2008, 12:11 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry dude,anybody with any experience would not go to NitroPlanes and expect support and servive after paying bottom buck for a questionable product.
They offer deals,often limited,they are at your own risk purchases.80 bucks buys you nothing in this hobby.That is a disposable airframe.You're better off supporting what your local shop carries or be prepared to buy a second/third complete plane if doing Internet dealings with a low reputation company.Its the way of business now,Buyer beware.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:42 AM
kid chuckles

And building from scratch or a kit does not mean your any better off than buying an ARF from Nitro. If you build from a kit and all the pieces are not there or don't fit or your just a lousy builder all this means is you built it. Any company that sells planes wether they sell them cheap or high dollar should have parts to fix them or a place they can tell you that does. I bought a 400.00 airframe from a VERY WELL KNOW company and then found out that you needed a certain part to finish the plane and it was 3 months before they would have the part. This was a Top of the LINE plane and had just came out and the company did not have all the parts to finish it. This made me and several others that bought this plane very angry that we had around a 1700.00 plane that we could not fly because of a 10.00 piece needed to finish it. And without it you could not fly the plane. You could i suppose if you did not use the reccomended setup that was ordered with the plane as to have exactly what you needed from the maker. Just goes to show that big name companys sometimes don't have parts either or make you wait forever befeore they have them. Brand new just out on the market being advertised for months and not have the parts you need is just as bad. It is not just the cheap products that have problems such as this guy has. I also bought 1 Nitro Model and will never buy another. They do have a point as to cheap is just that cheap.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Kid chuckles,

Just out of curiousity, what $10 part could you not fly the plane without? I can't think of a $10 part that you couldn't make yourself or substitute with something else.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:04 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

I can see being upset when parts are not available to a common local brandname,but when you knowingly buy the crappiest,cheapest,least supported aiframe thru the internet,you are setting yourself up for disapointment.
Many deal with nitroplanes and many are happy with what they received,and most know its a disposable aircraft,or when stuff breaks,you may have to fix it or make your own parts.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Doc Austin

I don't have any experience with nitro planes but I've certainly seen enough unhappy customers on the internet. I've been tempted to buy a plane from them because they have some nice looking stuff, but I've read too many horror stories.

You can buy from a big company like E Flite with confidence because they didn't get to be big that big by screwing people or giving them bad products or service. They do have a good reputation and they have earned it. Apparently some companies don't care about their reputation and you would all be wise to stay away from them.

While Horizon and E flite have treated me really well and I've had great success with their products, they are a big company and sometimes that makes dealing with them cumbersome. I try to deal with the same people every time and that makes it easier, but it's still a big company and they can't give everyone absolute personal service. That's one of the pitfalls of being so big, but they still do a good job with it.

The other side of the coin is 3D hobby Shops. When you call or write them, you get the same guy every time and he's extremely personable. He's got the best reputation in the business for customer service, and his planes are legendary. When you deal with 3DHS, it's the same guy every time, and after awhile he knows who you are, what you need, and how you do things. This makes it extremely easy to get the most out of your purchases.

Bottom line though is that after reading the forums for awhile, we all know who the good companies are and aren't. I already gave you two of them but there are plenty of others. Fortunately the industry is pretty honest and customer oriented, but there are a few you just keep sorid hearing story after sorid story about. Be leery of them.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:17 AM
kid chuckles

Adam the part i was referring to was a muffler adapter that you had to have to keep muffler inside the cowl. This plane had been advertised and i ordered it before it became available. One of the big selling points for me was the looks of the plane with the cowl intact and not cut anywhere. Ran a onboard glow. But without the adapter that was not mentioned anywhere when the plane came out and took some phone calls to find out how this was done and then find that the company did not have them was frustrating to say the least. It took about 3months. I did try other places and even ordered one from another source but it turned out the wrong size. Also the part was just a little bit more than 10.00 maybe 25 or so can''t remember now but without it you could have flown the plane i guess without a muffler but would have had to inialate the cowl. And that for me and about everyone that has bought this plane was the selling factor that and it is one cool looking plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17030.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	928555