Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Acromaster Motor Mount Vibration

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Acromaster Motor Mount Vibration

Old 04-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Witterings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acromaster Motor Mount Vibration

I recently destroyed my old Acromaster and bought another, I'd previously heard people referring to Motor Mount Vibration but I didn't get any - until now that is and it's HORRIBLE - - not only that but subconsciously you also use your ears to fly and judge throttle etc and it's making it awfully hard.
I realised when I CA'd it in I only put glue on the flat bits and into the recesses cut into the foam that the sticking out bits on the mount slot into and didn't put any down the sides. I've tried taking the motor out and letting some CA run down the tops and the bottoms of the mount but it's made no difference whatsoever.
Anybody with any bright idea's what to do from here, ideally it probably wants taking out and re-glueing maybe with epoxy instead and making sure it's all over the mount but with the fuse glued together it's hard to get to and I wonder if I'll end up doing a load of damage to it trying to prize it out with a screwdriver.
I know this is a common problem as I've seen people mention it in other threads, a couple of people have suggested balancing the prop.
I will do that but the old one I belly landed and must have been through at least 15 props in it's time, non of which I balanced and never had a noise anything like this and am using the same make / size prop now.
Any advice gratefully received !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:22 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Acromaster Motor Mount Vibration

Writtings:

Am wondering if you are still using the same motor and possibly have a bent shaft. To check shaft, remove prop, and look at motor from the front while running. Can also hold a streight pin against the front of the shaft and feel any out of alighment. Have had several motors with out of allignment shafts new from the factory. Get into the habit of ballencing all your props. Its worth the time in reduction of ware on the motor and servos and airframe. ENJOY
Old 04-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Acromaster Motor Mount Vibration

Check over on RCG, I sent you a reply to your topic on this. I'm Xpress.. by the way.