RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3D Electric Flying! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-electric-flying-237/)
-   -   Jason Shulmans' Funtana (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-electric-flying-237/1223462-jason-shulmans-funtana.html)

FLYBOY2000 10-23-2003 03:53 PM

Jason Shulmans' Funtana

O.k...... We've all seen it....just 'plane' amazing.. I mean Jason Shulmans Team Hacker Funtana.. Has anyone else got one of these.. If I'm not mistaken Jason's is a Desert Aircraft-- Exclusiv Modelbrau Funtana Pro.. I believe it is B50 Powered. I'd like to have one but Yikes...400.00 for the " KIT" and then ...well you know!
Does anyone have any experience with this aircraft in e-power form. Or even a slimer'? Are there any other slightly smaller Katana's , preferably ARF's, that might be nice.. besides Hangar 9. I 've heard some tip stall problems on those.
Cheers,
Anton

rcelectfly 10-24-2003 10:32 PM

RE: Jason Shulmans' Funtana

If I'm not mistaken Jason's is a Desert Aircraft-- Exclusiv Modelbrau Funtana Pro
His Funtanna was not the pro model. The pro came out after he built his kit. The Pro and Standard Exclusiv Modelbrau kits of the Funtanna are the same size etc. The fuselage construction is different.

I do not know of any smallet Katana that is built very light like the Exclusiv Modelbrau kits are.

Chuck

Henke Torphammar 10-25-2003 03:52 PM

Howdy!

I beleve Jason borrowed the Funtana from Tim Lime....

powerd by Thunder power li-po and a Hacker C50 XL swinging a 22-24" prop :) 22lb thrust in a 10lb plane is pretty good!

I´m currently starting to build a Funtana Pro, I´ll post some pix soon.

(it´s 3,3lb lighter with E power :D)

rcelectfly 10-25-2003 11:51 PM

I beleve Jason borrowed the Funtana from Tim Lime....
I believe that Hacker USA/Aeromodel had the model built. Tim Lime works for them.

Chuck

rcman84341 11-03-2003 04:47 PM

Henke is right
the Funtana that Jason is flying is the older version, the new version is the Pro which D. A told me is going to be lighter then the one Jason is flying
Jason is using the Hacker C50 14xl 6.7:1 GB with a 22x12 prop on Thunder Power Lipo's 10s4p 8000 mha
I also have two of the Funtanas Pro version being They should be done around the end of Nov
Yes they will both be powered by Hacker :D
David

radray 11-03-2003 07:41 PM

That sounds like a fantastic setup, what is the estimated weight of the electric Funtana Pros? What charger would you recommend for the 10s4p battery?

Henke Torphammar 11-05-2003 09:39 AM

the weight is hard to tell. I estimate 9.5-10lb

the Pro is to be 12oz lighter then the firsgt version.

I will be useing 12C cells 8s3p, so it will be some lb lighter then the Hacker Team Funtana just in the battery weight.